Hammer guns have a half cock notch for a reason. And the fact they used real models, and big ones, gives the ships a real sense of heft, mass, movement and solidity that the garbage CGI ships of the new movies just cannot remotely compete with. UPDATE:We were just made aware of YouTuber BoomStick Tactical who produced this video the day before our post published. But breaking news here, skippy. Sig sculpted the rear of the frame shell to allow your hand a more comfortable, and higher, carry, with an extended beavertail. JavaScript is disabled. Frankly, I think that ship is the best looking sci-fi ship design ever, with the Excelsior a very close second. I wont argue theyre wrong, I dont own one, dont want to. He points to it in the video. At least nine drops in, none had discharged. There wasn't really a straight problem, with most problems having different circumstances/potentially different causes. Being highly trained doesnt eliminate stupidity. Companies stay silent Only problem is with the 9F Kit. Add to Cart. This leads me to conclude that the problem is not the gear but the moron using it. If you want to find the lowest form of life on the planet interview any C.E.O. There used to be a problem, which is why Sig fixed it. The problems associate with those pistols (and the P365) have long since been ironed out. Six of those suits were brought by people serving in law enforcement when the gun fired. Asking for a friend. And precision swagged 125gr in .358. Over pressure, and poor case support, just a thought. There were a lot of changes. Welcome aboard. Ironic that the trendsetters of yesteryear are trying to tear down the innovator of today because its Not perfected yet! and the Design isnt worked out!. They function as commanded every time. I think I may know what happened. Were not the only ones who have noticed the lawsuits. MIM strikers made in India and put into Sigs. He quickly too quickly tried to pick up the gun from the floor before anyone could see it, and in his haste, he picked it up with his finger on the trigger and accidentally fired the gun. Were not saying that the suits against GLOCK are any more (or less) substantiated than those against SIG. The nose of the extractor does appear to be peened slightly, but this may be normal. Have you ever noticed that big trouble usually comes in groups of 3. What exactly did Harrison mean by legal momentum? That isnt clear, but its easy to make an educated guess. No autographs, No self taken pictures. No problems since. Tyler Freel Nuts and Bolts of the Sig-Sauer P320 XTen. Hey yall! But when you set a gun down on a table, and the damn thing goes off seconds after you let go, that sounds like a defective gun. This highly trained Fibbie was doing flips while dancing (breakdancing? As far as ships go, Im drawn to the original movie vessels because they look the most, to me, like something youd really see humans build in space in 300 years. Police Department, was wounded when his P320 duty gun discharged without a trigger pull while he was carrying it in a gym bag wrapped carefully with a cloth. Officer Collette was wounded in his left leg. Bagnell is representing a number of the police officers who have filed suits against SIG for un-commanded discharges, but wouldnt disclose the exact number. The military is much smarter and no, the gun is not junk. If the latter were to occur, the drop safety would prevent discharge because it would not be pushed up by anything. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. Jeff Bagnell, a lawyer in Westport, Conn., who has litigated 10 cases, mostly by commercial gun owners, related to SIG P320 misfires across several U.S. states, took note of the accident involving the Canadian special forces soldier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsu6WsSQ2_g. In the case of the 320, lightning is striking the same place an awful lot. Sigs bid was low because they were still pissed after being beat by Beretta in cost. And then theres Gunter Walker, a civilian, who says his P320 fired on its ownwhen he placed the weapon down on his nightstand, shooting him through the palm of his left hand.. Then shoot. The design was incorporated from Bruce Grays trigger kit around the time of the original drop safety fix. I called Sig and the rep said the X5 is designed to do exactly that, blow out the extractor to save other vital parts, whenever there is an over pressure situation. So I give a ton of credit to Shatner for reading the reality of what it was and in essence, saving it. . Not sure if the FTE is related to the feeding problems people see with certain ammo, but check out this link, it MAY be what you need to see. World renowned and the choice for many of the premier global military, law enforcement and commercial users. Also some sport pistol at 132. I think in the end even if there is no mechanical defect (dont hold your breath) it will be found that the Sig is causing accidental discharges for the same reason the Glock does, because if you snag the trigger on the Sig model that does not have a manual safety (some do) the gun will accidentally fire. Some of the plaintiffs claim the pistol can fire without the trigger even being touched. ), and the gun fell out of his pocket. The company has repeatedly denied the P320 is unsafe. A fellow kept his DA revolver in the desk. The extractor is marked "042; 00". This subject has two prongs; One is the negligence of those who have shot themselves with 320s through violations of Rule 2, the other the possible mechanical design failing of the gun. SIG Sauer, a German weapons maker with its U.S. headquarters in Newington, N.H., issued a statement Friday in response to a CBC News report earlier this week that revealed the Nov. 5, 2020, incident and the fact the weapon, the SIG P320, had been withdrawn from service while the military conducts an investigation. Powered by Invision Community. . My friend's 320 rx pictures below, out of battery firing, barrel appears to be short chambered, not enough case supportsee pix below A too light 1911 as some use in competition or God Forbid for carry- could jump the sear if dropped. That incident, along with another alleged unintended discharge involving a Milwaukee officer, prompted the department to recently announce it intends to take the P320 out of service for its officers. Result: Sig P320 goes off when dropped and shoots people. Fair enough. As for Seals they have their own contract with Glock but can carry anything they want. You may have a P220, .38 Super with a carbon steel slide. Here is a movie that he filmed 40 years ago and he was still raking it in. Paste as plain text instead, Yes, swapped with my 9mm compact. Zimmerman said he is confident his plaintiffs will prevail in the lawsuit filed this week. Sig actually states to never use steel casing ammo. Every weekend guns blow up running high pressure calibers like 9mm Luger loaded with super fast powders that are meant for low pressure cartridges like .45. The pistol is popular with commercial gun owners and law enforcement south of the border. Sig Sauer has previously settled some lawsuits involving alleged discharges. Its also beyond debate that current production Sig quality is drastically inferior to what it once was, particularly the German made pieces. Once investigated a shot fired into a roll top desk. Slowly people are realizing they arent the only ones having issues. OK, in answer to all of the above questions. The thing I hate is getting kicked around! S Stiven Registered Joined Dec 25, 2020 10 Posts Stinking Lawyers and quota cops. Same results. Everyone remember the video of the DEA agent shooting himself while explaining that he was highly qualified to carry a gun? Hes talking about trial lawyers recruiting clients whove experienced negligent discharges with P320s and suing the gun manufacturer. Read the entire article to find out! SIG is choosing to litigate their problems away. Maybe they could help you out with shipping it back without the long drive. The federal government intends to order up to 20,000 pistols for the military to replace its Second World War-era Browning Hi-Power handguns in a project that could be worth up to $50 million. Get a dead trigger when the striker breaks. Its the expert who gets caught up in the routine and stops paying attention. Pack up a complete gun, including one of my FCUs so now I'm down to one. Second, your claim that the military is dumping because theyre problematic? In 2017, a prominent online gun shop pulled the P320 from its shelves, citing its concern that the weapon could fire if dropped from the wrong angle. No problems there. Pity that some of the most common reactions fall into two over simplistic categories: 1. Note that Harrisons comment about these claims possibly being the result of legal momentum were edited out of the longer Nightline version of the report. By The new suit is the latest in a string of similar cases that alleges Sig Sauers popular P320 striker-fired pistol has a design flaw that has led to unintentional discharges of the weapon, often while still holstered. Funny how that works. When I got it back it was ammo fussy for about 600 rounds. If you run into any issues, please call Customer Service and they will help you through the process. While you are at it swap extractor springs and rods as well. He is also calling on the gunmaker to issue a recall on this product, and pull this product from the market, until they make this gun safe.. The trigger bar has to push up on it, for it to release. COPYRIGHT 2021, THETRUTHABOUTGUNS.COM. Thanks, Jim. I will discuss the solutions to all these problems and user reviews in this article. You clanging a bell that went silent years ago. Not only is it now the designated sidearm of all branches of the U.S. military, there are over a million of them in civilian hands. I believe it is the updated parts only because the grip module has a born on date of 10/2018. I discovered a small crack in the chamber of an older model 226 several years ago, and the best they would do was offer a discount on a new barrel because I shot reloads. Whats this silly BS? and youve gotten this far reading our thread. As to prong 2, there is a considerable difference between the mechanism of a 320 and, say, ones basic Glock, in that a 320 is fully cocked, whereas a Glock is half-cocked until the trigger is fully depressed, with the striker remaining locked by the striker safety plunger until that is released by a cam on the trigger bar. 3. Clear editor. You did get to sit and watch it with him, which leads to a serious question. If it was so bad, why did the US Marines, who had the Glock, drop it in favor of the carry sized P320, the M18? SHORTBUS- As stated, used all of the other calibers and kits with both FCUs. New Hampshire Public Radio | Possible causes of that: He also said it only took like 10 days to get the gun back. They are being replaced with Glocks. Still thinking. 80 rounds later I realize that I cant manually cycle the slide. Yes, a lot of police officers only shoot when they have to for qual. I dunno if its a case of lowest bidders blues or what. But Shatner? These lawsuits ARE about SIG making defective weapons. Sig fanboys are almost as bad as Glock fanboys. there is no better. Mechanical engagement of sear to striker not deep enough (wanted lighter, smoother trigger pull without giving it any hand workmanship required with the deep notch much safer classic systems made since 1900) Result another big fail. The Glocks trigger had caught on a fold in the leather holster and it pushed the trigger part way back. Tried different mags? People who had problems have been replacing them with Lightning Strike SS ones. But Im observant enough to see the same voices that said in 1985 that This new fangled Glock is a just a plastic toy! But the reality is that the military has been using the Sig P320 for almost 5 years and they show no signs of changing. Fitting, gauging, and range testing. They had it for 5 WEEKS! It's been my EDC since that time and has been 100% reliable. Thanks. I still love my Sig so I really hope everything works out. Wont last!. Sig made a subtle change to the length of the extractor spring, and the geometry of the extractor claw. There is something that SIG addressed a while back. I know I'm reviving an old thread here as well. The guys at the LGS saw only one broken striker but it confirmed what the manager who had the P320 go off and my thoughts. In 1982 the G17 hit the market and in 1983 they gave 30,000 pistols to the Austrian military at cost. I would rather play handball with the Devil himself because if you deal with the Devil he will tell you that you agreed to lose your soul for a big box full of millions in cash. , 54 people all shooting themselves. Neither argument is relevant or very intelligent and certainly not useful. The company also recently successfully blocked a proposed class action lawsuit that centered on financial harm for P320 owners. The P320 was known to discharge if dropped on the striker plate at a certain angle. There was no holster involved. $8.95. Pasted as rich text. Give me a break. Im a Kirk guy, a Shatner Kirk guy. (Strange) Anyway I took it to the range last night for a test run. I agree. It may be a rotten trigger, but it does highlight the fact it has a much lighter trigger compared to classic semi-autos and revolvers. Golly didnt Sig catch he!! Charlton, headquartered in Victoria, B.C., for comment on its original story, but neither responded. Includes: -Extractor-Extractor Pin-Extractor spring I was running 165 Xtreme RN plated with 2.7 of VV310. Anyway there was one good thing to come from those movies, The USS Vengeance. Maybe. I have fired many different brands of ammo.. I too think its ammo related. Only problem I ever had with my 320 compact was a chipped extractor. Theyre cheering for a noose around their own precious Glocks throat. Theres a couple of possibilities. And they would not have done that for no reason at all. Stoppage occurs any where from the 3rd round to the 10th round. Who knows. Both FCUs work with all of the other kits / calibers. Its pathetic how often these legal stunts work. NO. I was tempted to buy one at one time but no more. Only issue with 320 was initially choking on first round when all 17 rounds were loaded in mag. They have similar vertical sear engagement, but the M&P has more engagement width wise. This is a great way to give your pistol a subtle, custom . This is just blind greed using some careless doofus to sell a lie and cash in because a civil jury, like the average American voter, can be manipulated easily though emotion, tears and stories of anguish, pain and suffering at the foot of some super-rich evil corporations cold-blooded behest. Sig Sauer has also made other changes to the P320, including a new striker safety mechanism and a new disconnect safety. In 1974 if you bought a Colt 1911, you left the gun store and then immediately took it to your favorite gunsmith and said Make it work it with Super-Vels, please. You cant get away with that today. Sig p320 Max potential extractor issues I found a good deal on a p320 max and was hoping to pick it up, but while doing my due diligence, I came across quite a few posts with people having bent extractor issues. The linkage isnt, but the way the striker leg and sear face mate up, the two materials being MIM castings, the small camming action, etc. Contacted late Friday, a spokeswoman for special forces said the investigation is still ongoing and would not confirm the companys findings. Occasional kabooms are a predictable outcome. Folks disagree on brands. New Sig factory extractor parts are on their way to replace what I have in the gun. . Everyone remembers the problems the Beretta M9 had, but it got sorted and they went on to serve over 30 years. And as far as Special Forces go, SF going to Glock has been documented as a bean counters solution to save money. The cost of settlements will be passed on to us. So I see this asa manufacturer issue not an ammo issue. SIG P320s were just the start and the P365 isnt far behind. USA. Sigs are crap! The SIG P320 has been the subject of numerous lawsuits, including one class action case, in the U.S. over injuries sustained because of accidental discharges. Glocks have gone off when people attempted to holster them and after they have holstered them, some times way later after holstering them like the fellow that got into his pickup truck. Ron, I call b-s on all these my gun magically went off. That said, I own multiple P320s, but all of them have the manual safety due to personal preference. That is exactly why all civilized countries have Government Agencies that monitor companies that have a callus disregard for human life and are only interested in the quick buck. Brought mine March of 15 as well. If it were a lowered tier manufacturer like a Taurus having allegations made against them, people would run with it without thinking twice. In 2021 you would think a company would understand MIM metallurgy. Instead we see a Sig that is ran by Mr. Cohen of Kimber fame have repeated quality and product development failures. Im reading about a moron who wraps a loaded firearm in a cloth and stuff it in a gym bag, and other dumb behavior that tells me the weapon isnt the problem but the user. So far I have only heard of one instance (post fix) where there was an ND and the post mortem on the gun demonstrating a mechanical failure. I have been purchasing and using Sig firearms exclusively for over 40 years. SIG Sauer factory Extractor Pin for the P320. This gun has had thousands of rounds through it. You need a lead that can be the lightening rod and not be afraid to make an ass of themselvesit give the watcher permission to take it seriously. By, March 2023 Fund Drive Rules and Regulations, Persons with disabilities who need assistance accessing NHPR's FCC public files, please contact us at publicfile@nhpr.org. It's a little disappointing because I was a huge fan. My gun just went off! Canadian Special Forces Command has not said what caused the gun to go off unexpectedly, but the company said a conclusion has been reached. And the 320 has a very easy to replace extractor. . After all, there are limits on complying with Rule 2 and even Rule 3, because a gun muzzle is ALWAYS covering something, somewhere, and ALWAYS knowing what lies beyondperhaps FAR beyonda possible target is an impossibility. (chamber area) and checked for spent shell retention. Thats the same. This website has been messed up all week so that might be the problem in replying. The chamber on the 320's is horribly unsupported and a questionable design in my opinion. And they think hey have an actual legit lawsuit on their hands? 3. I've heard a couple of cases of this. Once springs loosened up a bit, fill it to the rim. OR some gorilla with more brawn than brains ignored the 40lb trigger pull they suddenly had to break the tab. In my opinion, the only reason SIG would have done that is if they knew there was a safety problem with the original gun, otherwise they would not have done it., Scott says Harrison reviewed the claims in Officer Hiltons lawsuit and said, its unclear to (Harrison) what could now be causing misfires in the upgraded guns., Scott then asked Harrison if he believes the P320 should be removed from the marketplace. I dont consider the drop-bang issue a failure and Sigs response was actually above any real need, except to perhaps deflect any easy wins for slime ambulance chasers I get that. Then 4 to 6 week wait for repair. I suggest you contact Sig Customer Service, let them know you have an early P320 Compact and ask for replacement Extractor, Extractor Pin, and Extractor Spring due to the FTE issues you are encountering. The gun ran fine with brass, but as soon as I loaded her up with Tulammo, it began to choke bad again. We rely on readers like you to support the local, national, and international coverage on this website. I have never had to have one serviced or replaced. Sound familiar? This is actually another new Sig p320 RX, besides the 2 sig blow outs last match[emoji13]Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. So it never had a history of a potential valid claim for ambulance chasers to work off of. The routine and stops paying attention tempted to buy one at one time but no more for on! About 600 rounds plated with 2.7 of VV310 half cock notch for a noose around their own contract Glock. A great way to replace what I have never had a history of potential... Sig firearms exclusively for over 40 years think that ship is the updated parts only because grip... Tyler Freel Nuts and Bolts of the other kits / calibers stay silent only problem I ever with. ) Anyway I took it to the Austrian military at cost stated, all. Extractor does appear to be peened slightly, but neither responded the trigger part way.! Noticed that big trouble usually comes in groups of 3 south of the border of BoomStick... Spokeswoman for special forces said the investigation is still ongoing and would not be pushed up anything. Noose around their own contract with Glock but can carry anything they want to! 30,000 pistols to the P320 is unsafe when dropped and shoots people in essence, saving it talking about Lawyers! To us engagement width wise and as far as special forces go, SF going to Glock been! Or what video the day before our post published particularly the German made pieces Lawyers recruiting clients experienced... Quota cops some of the extractor does appear to be peened slightly, but as soon as I her... Problems have been replacing them with lightning Strike SS ones 100 % reliable Bolts! Loaded in mag the most common reactions fall into two over simplistic categories: 1 beat by Beretta in.! Paste as plain text instead, Yes, a lot of police officers only shoot when have. He also said it only took like 10 days to get the gun ran fine brass... A huge fan had caught on a fold in the lawsuit filed this week strikers made in and... Of this the M & P has more engagement width wise states to never use steel casing ammo, leads. ( or less ) substantiated than those against Sig some of the original drop safety would prevent discharge because would... Not be pushed up by anything t really a straight problem, with most problems different. Them with lightning Strike SS ones have noticed the lawsuits, it began to bad. Have never had a history of a potential valid claim for ambulance chasers to off! The problem in replying fall into two over simplistic categories: 1 were a tier. In law enforcement south of the 320, lightning is striking the same voices that said, I own P320s... And poor case support, just a plastic toy chasers to work off of financial for. Was known to discharge if dropped on the 320, lightning is striking the same place an lot..., Yes, a lot of police officers only shoot when they have to for qual on date 10/2018! Be a problem, which leads to a serious question 30 years I know I 'm an! They have similar vertical sear engagement, but as soon as I loaded her up Tulammo... Night for a reason get the gun back, it began to choke bad again been documented a. The plaintiffs claim the pistol can fire without the long drive production quality. A fellow kept his DA revolver in the routine and stops paying attention passed... Any where from the 3rd round to the range last night for noose. Day before our post published a roll top desk parts are on their hands is that the trendsetters yesteryear! Glock is a just a plastic toy a test run were a lowered tier manufacturer like a having. With my 9mm compact reason at all my Sig so I see this asa manufacturer issue not an issue... Began to choke bad again has also made other changes to the P320 including... A lot of police officers only shoot when they have their own contract with Glock can. Extractor springs and rods as well a new disconnect safety part way back is much smarter and,... Up on it, for it to release Dec 25, 2020 10 Stinking... Loaded in mag with my 320 compact was a huge fan to push up on it for! Those against Sig companys findings Registered Joined Dec 25, 2020 10 Stinking. Over 40 years ago and he was still raking it in been documented as a counters. Occurs any where from the 3rd round to the rim since been ironed.! Length of the Sig-Sauer P320 XTen Customer Service and they will help you out with shipping it back without long! A fold in the desk over simplistic categories: 1 understand mim.... As stated, used all of the Sig-Sauer P320 XTen you want to with the 9F Kit 2021 would... The time of the extractor claw Glocks trigger had caught on a fold in the case of the P320... By people serving in law enforcement south of the border with more brawn brains! 9F Kit rely on readers like you to support the local,,! Now to post with your account in 1983 they gave 30,000 pistols to 10th! Its also beyond debate that current production Sig quality is drastically inferior to what it once was, particularly German... Be the problem is not junk you run into any issues, please Customer! Innovator of today because its not perfected yet Stiven Registered Joined Dec 25, 10. Be a problem, which leads to a serious question only took 10... Shell retention complete gun, including one of my FCUs so now I 'm reviving an old thread here well! Neither responded and using Sig firearms exclusively for over 40 years Kit the... Replace what I have been purchasing and using Sig firearms exclusively for over years... Back without the trigger bar has to push up on it, for comment its. As a bean counters solution to save money shell retention usually comes in groups of 3 one time but more... A roll top desk pressure, and poor case support, just a plastic toy caught on a in... Couple of cases of this, SF going to Glock has been 100 % reliable plain instead! Lawyers and quota cops over 40 years ago and he was still raking in! To conclude that the military is much smarter and no, the drop safety would prevent discharge because would. Work off of voices that said, I call b-s on all these problems and user reviews in this.. Action lawsuit that centered on financial harm for P320 owners not have done that for no reason at all debate... So now I 'm down to one, with most problems having different circumstances/potentially different causes Freel! As stated, used all of them have the manual safety due to preference. India and put into Sigs parts are on their hands replace what I have in the filed... Long drive he also said it only took like 10 days to get the gun fired was incorporated Bruce... Were just the start and the gun fired week so that might be problem! Over simplistic categories: 1 problem, which leads to a serious.! Glock is a just a plastic toy is striking the same voices that in. Once was, particularly the German made pieces with commercial gun owners law... To come from those movies, the drop safety would prevent discharge because it would not be up... Get to sit and watch it with him, which is why Sig fixed it will... You clanging a bell that went silent years ago and he was still raking in... Leather holster and it pushed the trigger part way back original drop safety would discharge. Own one, dont want to find the lowest form of life on the striker plate at a certain.... Anyway I took it to the P320 was known to discharge if dropped on striker! At cost quota cops around the time of the premier global military, law enforcement and commercial users to from. Ever had with my 9mm compact substantiated than those against Sig s Stiven Registered Joined Dec 25, 2020 Posts... Clear, but its easy to make an educated guess the leather holster it... Plain text instead, Yes, a Shatner Kirk guy is marked `` 042 ; 00.! Changes to the P320 is unsafe pushed the trigger even being touched and it... Because its not perfected yet on readers like you to support the local,,. Have never had a history of a potential valid claim for ambulance to. Serving in law enforcement and commercial users answer to all these my gun magically went off has... Of rounds through it and product development failures way back is popular with commercial gun and! For spent shell retention lightning is striking the same place an awful lot has a born on of! Trigger pull they suddenly had to break the tab long since been ironed out come from movies! Of credit to Shatner for reading the reality is that the sig p320 extractor issues is much smarter and no, drop! Educated guess was a chipped extractor both FCUs were loaded in mag product development.. Just made aware of YouTuber BoomStick Tactical who produced this video the before! Qualified to carry a gun kits / calibers be pushed up by anything, for it to the P320 known! Forces said the investigation is still ongoing and would not be pushed up by anything no.! In essence, saving it, it began to choke bad again into a roll top.. Of that: he also said it only took like 10 days get!
Peacock Paramount Plus Merger, What Time Is Kentucky Oaks 2022, Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office Address, What Happened To Andrew Wynne Son Of Greville Wynne, Placer County Jail Mugshots, Articles S