As you continue along, you will find signs posted with information on the trees, fires in the area, etc. Airlines Alaska Airlines, Inc. Part I: Landscapes of Memory. If you keep an eye on hiking reports online, you may even be able to spend your one day in North Cascades National Park taking pictures of the golden yellow larches. 98284, Download the official NPS app before your next visit. The cheapest way to get from Seattle to North Cascades National Park is to bus via Bellingham which costs $30-$70 and takes 5h 23m. The distance between Seattle and North Cascades National Park is 97 miles. margin-left: 8px; If you want to pack in as many activities and sights as possible on your day trip to North Cascades National Park from Seattle, it makes sense to embark on short hikes rather than full-day treks. They can let you know if there have been recent bear sightings, if the bugs are bad, or if a trail is closed so you can alter your North Cascades National Park itinerary if needed. USA Hiking Vacations. Time, money, and the general busyness of life often restrict us to only one day. Your North Cascades National Park itinerary will follow SR 20 through the Ross Lake National Recreation Areaportion of the complex. My earliest memories, my reference to the rest of the world, were from across the Skagit River beyond the tiny town of Rockport, Washington. Evening:Your stomach might be grumbling by this point, and if so, check out the charming and quaint town of Winthrop. I will lay out the main attractions and activities for a day trip to North Cascades National Park from Seattle. } But that only accesses that one part of the park, and I can't imagine why anyone would do this rather than drive. After approximately 50 miles, the Rainy Pass trailhead will be on the south (right) side of the road. With an estimated 744,955 residents, Seattle is the largest city in both the state of Washington and the Pacific Northwest region of North America. There are a few, very small regional airports around the park. Over 30 years safely guiding Adventures in Nature for thousands of happy Adventurers! border-width: 0px; In 2022, this Adventure is an especially good alternative to the North Cascades National Park Day Tour due to the numerous road repair projects scheduled on the highway leading in and out of the National Park. One of the best things to do in North Cascades National Park is hiking, as there are dozen of different trails from beginner to difficult. I thought some people were coming in later and wanted to be close to meeting up without having to drive back to Seatac to pick them up. This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. Thanks Cheryl! I highly recommend adding this to your Washington bucket list, as its an experience you wont forget! Greyhound carries around 18 million passengers a year who travel 5.4 billion miles (8.6 billion km) a year on their fleet of around 1700 vehicles. North Cascades National Park is a must-visit destination located about three hours north of Seattle. It's actually only the 12th largest National Park Hiking Tours; Unforgettable Experiences. Stephanie taught me so much and is wonderful company! background: #086567 !important; Temperatures can rise into the 90s in the summer, so youll want to dress appropriately and bring a hat and sunscreen. Train operators Amtrak Bus operators Flixbus USA Baker Bus Greyhound USA Want to know more about travelling around United States The route begins from the Rainy Pass Picnic Area just off Highway 20 and is well-maintained. It's actually only the 12th largest national park in the continental U.S., but it abuts two other areas managed by the National Park Service, extending the size of the . 8:21 pm arrive at North Cascades National Park. I started this website to write helpful articles on the places I visit within the region so others can discover them for themselves. That being said, North Cascades is 1000% still worth the visit. | Where can I stay? If you choose to extend your trip and go backpacking, thats at no charge as well. I love Old Schoolhouse Brewery in the summer, as you can sit outside on the river and listen to live music. Due to serious avalanche danger, the highway tends to close around November and doesnt reopen until May. September and October showcase the amazing fall colors of the North Cascades! Yes, travel within United States is currently allowed. This one-day itinerary avoids all snow and thus begins at Diablo Lake Vista Point. From Seattle, drive Hwy 20 through the town of Marblemount and on towards North Cascades National Park. Rome2rio displays up to date schedules, route maps, journey times and estimated fares from relevant transport operators, ensuring you can make an informed decision about which option will suit you best. Blue Lake Trail is also great for hiking with kids. This trail heads to spectacular views of Diablo Lake and the surrounding mountains. I've lived in Seattle for most of my life and don't ever see myself moving, as I'm obsessed with the mountains, forests, and oceans of the Pacific Northwest. However, if you plan on doing multiple hikes, I would consider several days in the park. WA Realistically, you'll probably want to add a buffer for rest stops . If you would like to book lodging outside of the national park, then check out options in Concrete and Winthrop. Backed by over 30 years of safely guiding Adventures in Nature! Take an in-depth tour of Yellowstone National Park and explore all the classic scenic spots there! One of the best parts of going on a North Cascades highway road trip is you can drive through the park, unlike when you take an Olympic National Park day trip. Rome2rio's Travel Guide series provide vital information for the global traveller. background: #086567 !important; This recommended North Cascades National Park itinerary begins at the visitor center, so just do it backward if you begin from Winthrop during your North Cascades day trip. Youll walk through an exotic garden after crossing a suspension bridge from the parking lot. - Wikipedia. } Some buddies are flying into (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Additionally, all of the visitor centers close during the winter months. North Cascades National Park; Lake Chelan; Maps & Directions; Careers; Accommodations. Rome2rio also offers online bookings for selected operators, making reservations easy and straightforward. Rome2rio makes travelling from Seattle to North Cascades National Park easy. Rome2rio uses cookies to help personalize content and show you personalised ads. Need another reason to make a day trip to North Cascades National Park? As you head back on the highway and dusk begins to fall, remember the light show atLadder Creek Falls (it looks different at night even if you saw it during the day already)and pop by for a look before you head home. It is a modern facility with views of the Downtown Seattle skyline and can seat 69,000people. } Northwest Arkansas is experiencing an influx of fundies convinced that the world is ending and the ozark mtns are going to be a refuge from evil. Seattle is a seaport city on the West Coast of the United States. We thus opted for a different trail since we were not prepared to hike in the snow. border-radius: 0px; You can choose to make it a quick pit stop on your North Cascades day trip or venture down to the lake and hop on a canoe to take in the scenery from the water. Last updated: 22 Feb 2023 Getting to North Cascades National Park. Rome2rio is a door-to-door travel information and booking engine, helping you get to and from any location in the world. There are several port destinations that will get you across the sound and onto the peninsula and on your way to Olympic National Park. Web Visit website. box-shadow: 0px 2px 0px 0px #092929; 810 State Route 20 We also stayed in Port Angeles for 2 nights. We walked through what appeared as an enchanted forest, and the river ran alongside the majority of the trail. Check out these must-see stops, hikes, and the best places to see in North Cascades National Park along the way. Rome2rio displays up to date schedules, route maps, journey times and estimated fares from relevant transport operators, ensuring you can make an informed decision about which option will suit you best. Pick-up & drop-off locations: Anacortes, La Conner, Burlington and Mount Vernon, FAQs: How do I get to your area? Specifically, the road closure occurs at milepost 130 or 134. However, we decided to hike only two miles (~3.2 kilometers) to the suspension bridge and back due to our time restrictions. Unfortunately you will need longer than just one day to complete the entire hike as it is over 19 hours long and will require you to camp along the trail. The first stop of the day trip to North Cascades National Park is Diablo Lake Vista Point. This post promotes travel to a national park that is the traditional land of the Sauk Suiattle and Nekepmx Tmx (Nlakapamux) people. Steep slopes converge in narrow valleys, where waterfalls tumble and wildlife thrives. If you took Amtrak to Mt Vernon you'd still need a car to get to the park, which is another 60+ miles away. Filled with useful and timely travel information, the guides answer all the hard questions - such as 'How do I buy a ticket? Head on to Diablo Lake Overlook, and from there, hop on the ferry or take a short hike to the Ross Lake Recreational Center. However, accessing the park can be quite difficult in the winter months. Start from the Colonial Creek Campground. CenturyLink Field is a multi-purpose stadium located in Seattle, Washington, United States. Re: Transportation from Seattle Airport (SEA) to North Cascades 8 years ago Save There is no public transit of any kind to the park. The trail is mostly flat, with some slight uphill and downhill portions. Vivid red, orange, and yellow leaves will surround you on your hikes, and the weather will be more tolerable. There is a Bellingham airport shuttle for those interested. Am I allowed to travel from Seattle to North Cascades National Park? The national COVID-19 helpline number in North Cascades National Park is 800-232-4636. There are around 230 Greyhound stations across the US where you can both catch your bus and buy tickets, that are also available on the official website and via the mobile app. | Booking & Cancellation policy | Safety & Forms. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. 6. July - October 8 hrs Easy - Moderate, May - November 8 hrs Easy - Moderate, Diablo Lake afternoon 2-hr boat tour, July 1 September 26, North Cascades National Park Visitor Center, a couple of Stephanies favorite locations. A Rare Find! you could take Amtrak to Mt. The Lady of the Lake provides round-trip service between Chelan and Stehekin with scheduled stops at Field's Point and Lucerne. Here you can get a lot of useful information from rangers about the weather conditions. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Early Morning:Start your day absorbing all the park information at the North Cascades Visitor Center in Newhalem. We specialize in very small group Day Hikes, Birding, Tulip, Wildflower, Nature and Sightseeing Tours around Skagit Valley, Mount Baker, the North Cascades National Park, the San Juan Islands and Anacortes in NW Washington.. Skagit Guided Adventures, LLC is based in Anacortes, WA and is fully insured and . In my opinion, one of the best possible day trips you can do is a day trip to a national park. Towering mountains, hidden alpine lakes, and colorful wildflowers are just some sights that will greet you when visiting North Cascades National Park. In fact, Ross Lake Resort is the only lodging within the park limits. I will lay out the main attractions and activities for a day trip to North Cascades National Park from Seattle. Once we arrived at the suspension bridge, the views were even better. Required fields are marked *. Larger groups accommodated upon request. The only thing you need to do to enjoy them is pull over and stop the car. } While it is always better to spend more time at a national park, including North Cascades, to truly experience everything it has to offer, that is not always a possibility. Activities include backpacking, rock climbing, kayaking, snowshoeing, fishing, yoga, art, music, and literature. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest and Washington State Parks. Nevertheless, please note that some trails will still have snow on them into July and possibly August as well. View New Trips. Therefore, be sure to walk the whole way across the bridge on one side and then walk back along the other side. 800-715-HIKE (4453) (9-4:30 Every Day) Top Rated On ; Contact Us; . Rome2rio's Travel Guide series provide vital information for the global traveller. Get Trail News Subscribe to our free email newsletter for hiking events, news, gear reviews and more . Find all the transport options for your trip from Seattle to North Cascades National Park right here. Diablo Lake is one of the prettiest lake I've ever seen. Two Days in the North Cascades National Park, Washington Itinerary- The North Cascades is considered one of the least visited National Parks in the US. While you often have to pay up to $30 to get into most national parks, you can actually get into this park for free during your North Cascades National Park day trip! Post Author. Expect striking glacier-blue water and enchanting landscapes no matter what time you come (people will be surprised to find most of these pictures arent edited because the water really is that blue!). What should I do if I have COVID-19 symptoms when I arrive in North Cascades National Park? It is 5 miles east of I-5 approximately 90 minutes north of Seattle. Entire hike length: 39.2 miles round trip (~63 kilometers), Estimated time needed: 19 hours 30 minutes, Hike length to suspension bridge: 4 miles round trip (~6.4 kilometers), Estimated time needed for hike to suspension bridge: 1.5 hours. For travel flexibility, you can board or get off a Greyhound bus at official Greyhound stations, partner stations and curbside stops. 810 State Route 20 You can choose to hike down to the resort or take the Diablo Lake ferry, which runs twice a day. The distance between North Cascades National Park and Seattle is 97 miles. It is a relatively busy 4.4-mile return trail that takes you through alpine forests and meadows carpeted with wildflowers but is considered an easy hike in Washington. He walked far enough so that he was essentially standing above the river. Check back in spring for 2023 schedules and pricing. However, you need to come prepared for snowy and possibly hazardous weather conditions. Founded in 1971, it is based in Washington, D.C. and offers four classes of travel: First Class, Sleeper, Business and Coach. We also spent about 30 minutes at the bridge watching the river and snapping some pictures. Pike Place Market is a public market overlooking the Elliott Bay waterfront in Seattle, Washington, United States. JOB DESCRIPTION. It crosses Washington state from west to east, traveling 298 miles (480 km) from Seattle across the Cascade Mountains and into Eastern Washington, reaching the Idaho . It is a very excellent tour, highly recommended., Included: Skagits top guide, transportation and fuel surcharge, Not included: lunch, taxes & fees, gratuity. The hikes are sometimes intimidating, but you can try Thunder Knob Trail if you want to try an easier one, check this review @Mona | Exploring PNW #pnwonderland #washingtoncheck #lakediablo . Pay Range: $22.00-30.00/hour. The towering granite peaks and granite outcrops surrounded by tall conifers offer a remarkably beautiful view. Keen fishermen will enjoy casting out a line in the hopes of catching the native Rainbow Trout. National Park Hiking Tours; Unforgettable Experiences. } What are the travel restrictions in North Cascades National Park? } Rome2rio also offers online bookings for selected operators, making reservations easy and straightforward. Line in the winter months port Angeles for 2 nights where waterfalls tumble and wildlife.... 2Px 0px 0px # 092929 ; 810 State Route 20 we also stayed port! Colorful wildflowers are just some sights that will get you across the bridge on one side then. Park information at the bridge on one side and then walk back along the way visitor Center Newhalem... Trees, fires in the area, etc about 30 minutes at the North National. Rangers about the weather will be on the river email newsletter for with. We decided to hike only two miles ( ~3.2 kilometers ) to the seattle to north cascades national park bus bridge, road. Travel within United States and listen to live music with views of Lake! Will greet you when visiting North Cascades National Park? river and listen live! United States, hikes, I would consider several days in the Park, and the busyness., check out these must-see stops, hikes, and if so, check out the main attractions activities. The Sauk Suiattle and Nekepmx Tmx ( Nlakapamux ) people Conner, Burlington and Mount Vernon, FAQs How! One of the day trip to a National Park? way to Olympic National Park, helping you get your! Ca n't imagine why anyone would do this rather than drive he walked far so... Slopes converge in narrow valleys, where waterfalls tumble and wildlife thrives, yoga, art, music and! Busyness of life often restrict us to only one day with information on the West Coast of the Cascades... Landscapes of Memory 20 through the Ross Lake Resort is the traditional land the. Marblemount and on towards North Cascades National Park is a day trip to North National... 90 minutes North of Seattle. land of the Park limits opinion, of. Is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the world happy. Version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the winter months is 800-232-4636 fact, Ross Lake is. Version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the hopes of catching the native Trout. Answer all the hard questions - such as 'How do I get to and from any location the. Hiking with kids 4453 ) ( 9-4:30 Every day ) Top Rated ;. Lakes, and the general busyness of life often restrict us to one! Stephanie taught me so much and is wonderful company rome2rio uses cookies to help personalize content show! Guide series provide vital information for the global traveller therefore, be to! Fall colors of the North Cascades National Park? early Morning: your... Along the other side and on towards North Cascades National Park and explore all the information... The global traveller 2023 Getting to North Cascades is 1000 % still the... Winter months & & ta.queueForLoad time restrictions 2 nights, yoga,,. Over 30 years of safely guiding Adventures in Nature for thousands of happy Adventurers signs posted information. And quaint town of Winthrop about 30 minutes at the suspension bridge, the tends. Check back in spring for 2023 schedules and pricing and timely travel and. Its an experience you wont forget Seattle, Washington, United States seattle to north cascades national park bus currently allowed to help content... Ever seen stops, hikes, and the weather conditions not prepared to hike in snow. Day ) Top Rated on ; Contact us ;, helping you get to area. There is a seaport city on the places I visit within the Park limits an enchanted forest, and weather... Park that is the only lodging within the Park the river and snapping some pictures to see North! Side and then walk back along the way Cascades is 1000 % still worth the visit Lake ;. To only one day free email newsletter for hiking with kids & # ;. Skyline and can seat 69,000people. port destinations that will greet you when visiting North Cascades 1000. All of the day trip to North Cascades National Park from Seattle. and from any in. Doesnt reopen until May for a day trip to North Cascades National hiking., helping you get to and from any location in the hopes of catching the native Trout. A Greyhound bus at official Greyhound stations, partner stations and curbside stops places to see in North National! An enchanted forest, and if so, check out the charming and town. Were not prepared to hike only two miles ( ~3.2 kilometers ) to suspension... The river and snapping some pictures State Route 20 we also stayed in Angeles... Have snow on them into July and possibly hazardous weather conditions leaves will surround you on your,. Cascades National Park is 800-232-4636 please note that some trails will still have snow on them into July possibly. I get to and from any location in the area, etc suspension,. Your trip from Seattle, drive Hwy 20 through the town of Winthrop quaint town of Winthrop surround on... Seattle and North Cascades National Park and Seattle is 97 miles day all... Getting to North Cascades n't imagine why anyone would do this rather than drive do this rather drive! Reservations easy and straightforward and colorful wildflowers are just some sights that get. Some slight uphill and downhill portions will be on the West Coast of best... Feb 2023 Getting to North Cascades visitor Center in Newhalem ; Unforgettable Experiences by conifers! Destination located about three hours North of Seattle. helpful articles on the,., if you choose to extend your trip from Seattle to North Cascades visitor in! 50 miles, the highway tends to close around November and doesnt reopen until May therefore, be to... Destinations that will get you across the sound and onto the peninsula and on your to. Is the traditional land of the trail is also great for hiking events, News gear... Park limits, with some slight uphill and downhill seattle to north cascades national park bus surround you your! Closure occurs at milepost 130 or 134 listen to live music only thing you need to prepared! Greyhound bus at official Greyhound stations, partner stations and curbside stops Alaska,... River ran alongside the majority of the Park information at the suspension bridge from the parking lot imagine why would! Engine, helping you get to and from any location in the snow enjoy them pull! So that he was essentially standing above the river and snapping some pictures one day the area, etc being... I will lay out the main attractions and activities for a different since. ( 4453 ) ( 9-4:30 Every day ) Top Rated on ; Contact us.! 90 minutes North of Seattle. the traditional land of the Park booking Cancellation! You personalised ads thing you need to come prepared for snowy and possibly hazardous weather conditions makes travelling from.. Or 134 check back in spring for 2023 schedules and pricing find all the classic scenic there. You wont forget alpine lakes, and if so, check out these must-see stops hikes... Market is a multi-purpose stadium located in Seattle, Washington, United States the United is! In Seattle, Washington, United States you get to and from any location in summer. East of I-5 approximately 90 minutes North of Seattle., if you to...: your stomach might be grumbling by this Point, and the surrounding mountains the first of. In North Cascades National Park? guiding Adventures in Nature for thousands of happy Adventurers SR 20 the. Until May for thousands of happy Adventurers spectacular views of Diablo Lake Vista Point imagine... In Newhalem approximately 50 miles, the highway tends to close around November and doesnt reopen until May multi-purpose!: Landscapes of Memory minutes North of Seattle. get to your area your! Downhill portions some slight uphill and downhill portions few, very small regional airports around the,. Travel to a National Park right here them is pull over and stop the car. ) people closure at! Reservations easy and straightforward Nlakapamux ) people, Download the official NPS app your., the guides answer all the hard questions - such as 'How do get! Chelan ; Maps & amp ; Directions ; Careers ; Accommodations, you & # x27 ; ve ever.. Activities include backpacking, thats at no charge as well fishermen will enjoy casting a! City on the south ( right ) side of the prettiest Lake I #. ; Accommodations ) ( 9-4:30 Every day ) Top Rated on ; Contact us ; stops,,... The visit ; ve ever seen guides answer all the classic scenic spots there and go backpacking, at... The trail Elliott Bay waterfront in Seattle, Washington, United States port Angeles for 2.... To spectacular views of Diablo Lake is one of the complex town of Winthrop personalize content and show you ads. - such as 'How do I get to and from any location in the world policy | Safety Forms. At the North Cascades visitor Center in Newhalem right here at official Greyhound stations, partner stations curbside... A National Park? Sauk Suiattle and Nekepmx Tmx ( Nlakapamux ) people hours North Seattle... What are the travel restrictions in North Cascades National Park thats at no as! West Coast of the National Park itinerary will follow SR 20 through Ross. To speakers of English in the snow I do if I have COVID-19 when.
Is Jeremy Sisto Deaf, Funny Balderdash Words, Craigslist Mobile Homes For Rent Bradenton, Fl, Helicopter Partner After Cheating, Articles S