The 333 Winchester rounds I was having issue with still do not fit, and Winchester has asked me to send them in, which I will do. Colt had stopped production of the most well know revolver, the Single Action Army with only a few being made after WWII. But if you have ever rolled the hammer back on a 3 Screw you will know what I am talking about. The popularity of TV Westerns continued through the 50s and peaked in 1959, when an amazing eight out of the 10 most popular programs were Westerns. Had Ruger put the rear scope mount on the top strap where it belongs, it would be a whole different ballgame. Trigger is SUPER sweet! There is also a quarter-cock "semi-safe" hammer position. Customization * * * * During deer season i use a rifle or handgun. Beginning to sound like my Shield. RUGER NEW MODEL SINGLE-SIX CHAMBERED IN .22LR HILLCRESTPAWN.COM. Transfer bar mechanism and loading gate interlock provide an unparalleled measure of security against accidental discharge. It didnt work quite right until after it was converted. Like most revolvers, this gun will still fire reliably even if it isnt kept spotlessly clean. The Ruger Single Six was introduced in 1953, and is still currently being made. The tool you mentioned looks like a great idea. Its hard to rate something on comfort. The 3-screw (or "Old Model," as they later came to be called) Ruger Single Six revolvers are based on a very simple design. Unlike the Old Models, the hammer has no half-cock position. COPYRIGHT 2021, THETRUTHABOUTGUNS.COM. As far as I know, this revolver has never had any work done too it. Finish: Satin stainless Dinged up sight Chip in the handle? A closer look at. Previous post: Watch the NRA-ILA Leadership Forum Live! So these Old Model Blackhawks are not all that old and will probably be the newest guns that the series will see. For self defense purposes only, of course. Went to a gunshop today and got to hold two nice examples - both older 3 screw models, but one with the safety transfer bar, and one without. I may potentially own your old Ruger. I dont live where grizzly bears roam, and I dont want to kill elk or other large meat animals. Note: A full length review of a New Model Ruger Single Six Convertible revolver can be found on the Product Reviews page. Dont leave the Single Six out of the 3 screw/2 screw story. It has been around the block and shows some good honest holster wear. MSRP: $799.00, Actual Price $699.00. As a high school student, I purchased a used Ruger Blackhawk revolver in .38/.357 in the mid 70s (it and a Mossberg 500 pump ($99) were the first two guns I could afford). The overall design is stronger and everything is a bit bigger and sturdier. Shooting History. The standard Single Six had a fixed rear sight dovetailed into the frame, and the Super Single Six model came with the same fully adjustable rear sight as a Blackhawk. You can see the firing pin. Im not so sure. Ruger single-action revolvers have done service as working guns that take game, teach marksmanship, and provide protection against wild animals. UA-48757569-1 Menu. The coiled springs proved to be more durable and longer lasting. As our family grew, I had to regretfully sell them off, one by one. This is one of Ruger's earliest guns and a. I have kept that gun as well. Bill Rugers company was profitable and becoming well established in the industry, and he was anxious to expand his product line. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. I won and still have the gun. So there may have been a production issue there as well. The MTS-255 shown there would be perfect. Single Six Hunter.22 WMR 2 1/8 I wish it was a bit bigger but that is a personal preference thing. I have three New Model Ruger .45 Colt revolvers with 4 5 8-, 5.5- and 7.5-inch barrels. Single Six 22LR / 22Mag / 6 inch barrel prefix 20-xxxxx, I bought it new late 60s for $50+, I really enjoyed shooting rats and cans at the dump with this gun. I have an Uncle Mikes holster for use when I dont have the scope mounted and a bandolier style holster when I do. . http://gunsetc.tumblr.com/post/83139376221/a-sawn-off-mts-255-revolving-shotgun. My question is this. Homemade Revolver Grips - Ruger Single Six Cool Stuff Guys Like 13.8K subscribers Subscribe 6.2K views 4 years ago In this video I am going over a project where I made a several custom sets. Are you the Dennis Taylor who as a Marine sargeant instructed at Quantico? I purchased a the Ruger .44 mag. Only a few left! Among the .44 Magnum handguns available today, the Super Blackhawk represents the best value in a hunting or target-shooting sixgun along with Ruger's own Bisley model. I will probably never own one of these, nor one of the new models, unless a miracle happens. Gun . I was glad to hear that they didnt fit perfectly as you described, for that was my experience, and I just wanted to make sure I was missing something. with a 7.5 in. Which Hogue Monogrips fit? Pre-Owned. Used the 22 round due to houses in the area. My Stainless Single Six is my fun gun. I dont know much about them, but it is a single action correct? This is how a Blackhawk should work and feel. This model comes with a .22LR &. In addition to the included two cylinders and scope rings, there are a fair amount of aftermarket options available to personalize this firearm to your tastes. I strongly considered the Single Nine and it might have been the better choice. The fish and game folks obviously dont hunt. I bought it, and discovered some assembly issues, so it went back to sort out some stripped screws. I have gotten 2 inch groups from 25 yards out of it before, on a really really good day. or Best Offer This chromium finish is very durable and shows NO signs of holster wear or pitting. As I wrote these words, there is nothing that can be done to fix the balance on this gun, the following modification idea hit me. Optics-Ready Revolvers, 8 On-Target Concealed Carry Insurance Options (2022), 10 Affordable Double-Barrel Shotgun Options (2022), Best AR-15 Options For Any Budget And Buyers Guide (2022), Best Concealed Carry Handguns For Women (2022). trigger. The thing is a tack driver. As you said its not blued & has some pitting but I keep it oiled inside & out to prevent rust. rugged, reliable firearms for the commercial sporting market. Barrel lengths were 4 5/8 inches (rare), 5 and 6 inches. The Single Six Hunter comes with both .22 LR and .22 Magnum cylinders, and each holds six rounds. at the range id usually load and shoot all six but if i carried it was with the hammer over an empty chamber. Couple the feel and function of the iconic old Colt Peacemaker with the improved reliability of a Ruger Blackhawk and you have a winner. Converting from one cylinder to the other is as simple as opening the loading gate, pushing a button, and pulling the cylinder pin. .. U by chance remember the serial #? Model: Ruger New Model Single Six Hunter Caliber: .22 LR and .22 Magnum Material: Stainless steel Finish: Satin stainless Front Sight: Replaceable Bead Rear Sight: Adjustable Windage and Elevation Barrel Length: 7 1/2 Overall Length: 13 Weight: 45.0 oz (excluding scope) Grips: Black laminated wood Twist: 1:14 RH Capacity: 6 rounds Ill take it to the LGS and see which model, if any, fits it. Add to Cart See Details. Where I run into hogs, a .357 or .308 scout are appropriate if you dont want to get torn up. The Ruger Single Six 3 Screw was produced from 1953 until 1973 and replaced by the New Model Single Six with a transfer bar safety. $6.41 $6.41. Traditional western-style, hand-filling grip has long been acknowledged as one of the most comfortable and natural pointing of any grip style. Its got a little wear oin it now and the frame has plummed out nicely, but its still a great shooter. Dont tell Ruger. For instance, during small game season you must use rimfire or bird shot. Thisactuallyworks! I have a Ruger .357 magnum Blackhawk, 6 1/2 inch barrel, XR3-RED marked inside under the handle. Thank You. Bought the hogue grips as well. Pistol is like new, refinished, re-blued, factory polished etc,etc..Comes with Bianchi hi-ride holster. 1970s, recently rebuilt by factory due to a defective weld on the ejection-rod housing. He also had a Single Six that he had chrome plated. With the KelTec PMR-30 well known for being constructed entirely of 100% unobtainium, my journey ended with a Ruger New Model Single Six Hunter . No rust, no binding ( no trigger work was ever done on it) and still has the original Micro adjustable rear sight. Has front sight painted orange. Of course, the kids headed right for them. I want to be legal, but I am not possessed by the notion. There are plenty of good belts and holsters of various sorts for Single Six revolvers, from the very plain to the very fancy. My 10-22 is actually boring it does so well with most ammo at 100 yards. Feature Articles, A couple of years later he got a letter from them offering to convert it to the transfer bar system. In fact, this is the old model. If you shoot very light loads for cowboy competition, you should completely disassemble your gun every 500 rounds as described above so you can clean all the nooks and crannies in both the cylinder and frames. Cylinder - .32 H . Quit drooling, this photo was was taken before the Great .22 Ammo Drought of 2013-14! Bill Ruger had recognized that, due to the popularity of the early 1950's TV and movie westerns, a "cowboy type" gun should be desirable to the gun public. If you are talking pistolas then I would go for the 7.62 tokarev (especially if you have subgun or AP ammo) or one of the magnums (.357, .44, you know the drill). Rear Sight: Adjustable Windage and Elevation [7] The Single-Six is currently produced as the New Model Single-Six. For years, I only shot it on New Years eve and the 4th of July. -mainspring, with strut and seat (any caliber) -all 5 grip frame screws (all un-buggered, any caliber) -ER housing screw for the 357 and Single Six, new. SPECIFY MODEL AND CALIBER WHEN ORDERING. I am envious. The Colts and their clones are like this too. Give me a break. Sep 5, 2007. The gun and cylinders were re-blued in 2007 by Ruger at which time Ruger performed the transfer bar safety upgrade. Next up, fishing with a hookless hook. Work had been underway on the first Ruger single-action since 1950, and by June of 1953, the gun was ready, the Single Six. 1oz. I would be very comfortable with that. She didnt like it either. You Save: $75.00 (9 %) Ruger Old Model Single Six Revolver Siberian Mammoth Ivory Grips. Thats not what Ruger intended it for. I was taught to respect my elders . problem is, I'm having a hard time finding them., Thanks for the replies guys, very educational. Fortunately, the prices on .22 rim fire are starting to come down just a bit. If you love to wear hoodies? Over the years there have been many models of Single Six revolvers. The sad thin is, its been kept in a mahogany box. I prefer a cross draw carry in the field and, since I consider the Super Single Six a hunting pistol, that is how I have usually carried mine. any one see a ruger this early with the extra cyl? It shows $87.50 as the introductory price for the "New Blackhawk". Question of the Day: Do You Know Anyone Whos Shot a Bad Guy? Inquiries for the box end with shrugs, No Hablo etc..Anyway,, the pistola is for sale..Drop me an email pls, Lawmakers Saying 'Not so fast' on Credit Card Gun Store, 73-Year-Old Chicago Man Opens Fire on Catalytic Converter, Full Pistol Review ft. As it is, it works fine. A small percentage of these fools managed to accidentally injure themselves by improper loading and handling of Ruger SA revolvers. i have an original 1969 blackhawk 3 screw in 357/9mm, new in box unfired that came with the 9mm conversion cylinder. Style * * * * The most significant difference between them is that the Old Models, made before 1973, were based on the original single-action designs of the 19th century and should be carried with the hammer lined up with an empty chamber. Then the funniest thing happened. What do I have? ), Rossi Announces Three New Revolvers: The RP63, RM66 And RM64, First Look: Taurus 856 & 605 T.O.R.O. Classic styling and one-piece frame are reminiscent of Civil War-era Remington revolvers. The best round I have ever had the pleasure of shooting. It is a fun gun to shoot. Ive been putting out a feeler on trying to sell the 3 screw and just received a response from a random guy stating There is nothing special about old 3 screws, it doesnt make them more valuable. I just laughed and very politely told him hes entitled to his opinion and Ill have my own. Both guns have been upgraded (with the transfer bars) by Ruger about 1980, and I have the old parts. The difference between the two cylinders is obvious: the .22 LR cylinder is fluted while the .22 Magnum cylinder isnt and is roll marked .22 WIN. The Williams website lists Part#70960 for the New Model Single Six but there is no picture so I dont know for certain if it works on the Hunter. Two the bluing and overall fit and finish of the originals was superior to the later models. Its very enjoyable, and the reason I come to the GUNSAMERICA forum. "Most accurate" was CCI's Standard Velocity (about 950 fps in both guns), delivering a solid 1.25 in the Super Single Six at 25, and a 3 group in the Wrangler. I have one of these Blackhawks with a 4 5/8 barrel in .357. the single six with a 5 digit number (which puts yours at 1958) there was NOT a magnum cylinder available back , they ( the 22 magnum caliber) came out in 1959..the barrel bore diameter for your gun is smaller, so should NOT use a magnum. (1958) i think i have about 15 3 screws by now. 4 Image(s) Ruger Single Six 22LR Flatgate. One advantage of the newer style is the placement of the large amount of text Ruger includes on the barrel. MSRP is $779. These revolvers incorporated a new transfer bar ignition system. Its not a crisp break like the custom triggers Nick is fond of, but its short and predictable for an off-the-shelf production gun. Introduced in 1958, the first Bearcats had plastic wood-impregnated grips, later changed to walnut in 1963. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Since most of the collector interest in the Single Six or Bearcat is for the Old Models, the values shown nearby are for those revolvers. On this little .22 it had the opposite effect. MAGNUM CAL. But Ruger stopped making them in 1973 and they have become more and more collectable and valuable. $699.00 $619.99. Jeff. The New Model that is probably the most common, and the most useful to the small game hunter and outdoorsman, is the Super Single Six Convertible model NR6. Over the years Ruger sold a great many Single Six, Bearcat, Blackhawk, and Super Blackhawk SA revolvers. Save my name and email to use for future comments. Front Sight: Replaceable Bead The "unmolested" old models are getting harder to find and Ruger stamps the ones they retrofit so they carry what is to some of us the "scarlet letter" even if you have the original parts to put it back in its original configuration. This is a gun for small game hunting, and in a survival situation I would be happy to have it to put fresh meat in the campfire stew. That there my friend is at MINIMUM, grounds for divorce, good luck to you in the future. My son-in-law used a 22lr to take out a small to midsize pig. Gerry. All Rugers a pretty much over built (like: a lot over built). One was .22 lr and one was .22 mag. In 1958, this loading gate was changed to a contoured shape. While moving the scope back doesnt fix the balance problem entirely, it does make it much more manageable and doesnt fatigue the hands quite so quickly. I have owned this gun for fifty-eight years and it has not been converted. I figured the heavier 40 grain bullet would get better penetration on a larger animal but I could be wrong. the weird thing about this gun is, it had an extra 9mm cyl. Editor's Note: This article originally appeared in the February 2019 issue of Gun Digest the Magazine. $6.55 shipping. The 3-screw (or "Old Model," as they later came to be called) Ruger Single Six revolvers are based on a very simple design. And so now it has the transfer bar installed.. All unique actually. The Ruger Bearcat is a single-action, .22 caliber revolver manufactured by Sturm, Ruger & Co., introduced in 1958. RUGER 6 ROUND . Excuse me? Thats right, sir. Im glad you actually use your GP-100. Idiots who refused to read the owner's manual and also ignored over 100 years of established firearms protocol purchased a few of these guns. Black Chromex, barrel with satin stainless, cylinder (non fluted beefed up for heavier loads), back strap and ejector, Unicorn ivory grips. Arkansas requires you to use a weapon legal for any other game in season. $6.41 $6.41. I couldnt get even past that part either. For almost 75 years, Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. has been a model of corporate and community responsibility. Down South you dont get such stupidity. It's an outstanding single action revolver. Ruger introduced its Single-Six single action revolver in .22 "Magnum Only" around June of that same year. The Ruger Single Six is a single action revolver that came with 2 cylinders. Jul 29, 2013. The new medium of television was growing rapidly. . No transfer bar here! A forum community dedicated to Springfield Armory XD and XD-M series firearm owners and enthusiasts. Hogue Monogrips are definitely an improvement over the stock laminate grips. Its a custom 11. But then I started to fall out of love with this gun. thank you. The same basic gun is also available in satin stainless steel (KNR6). The point of impact changed when switching cylinders, so not surprisingly you have to decide which setup you will ultimately dial in. Reliability * * * * * He had always hunted Mulies with a 94 Winchester .32 Special (I got that one too), but when he got the maggie he never hunted with a rifle again, I cant even guess at how many bucks he brought home over the next twenty years. (Full Details) Price: $695.00 Ruger Handgun - CUSTOM Ruger MKII 22 Cal Pistol Blue with 4 " Barrel With lots of Upgrades Adjustable Stainless Trigger Adjustable Sig. However, I never once had a failure to fire. Come join the discussion about optics, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Top Rated Plus. I would like to hear from you if you have this gun. The accuracy and energy of the Ruger is plenty enough to keep you alive and filled with meat. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Magnum Cal.? My Single-Six is a 1971 DoB. I always carry a 10mm sidearm with a spare mag in pig country. Cold hammer-forged barrel results in ultra-precise rifling that provides exceptional accuracy and longevity. About 100 nickel-plated guns were made from 1965 to 1968. I just sent a 45 LC to Gary Reeder and had him convert it to an Ultimate 41 Magnum. The name 3 Screw is in reference to the 3 Screws on the side of the frame. TRYING TO FIND APPROXIMATE DATE MY (3) RUGER 22 SIX SHOT 3-SCREW PISTOLS WERE MADE, CAN YOU HELP ME? i just took it with the deal knowing they were never avail until in the 70s. All these amazing features make it one perfect casual outerwear to get compliments from your fashion friends. if yours were sent back early before they started doing the conversions and had the 9mm fitted to that specific frame, it would have the same serial as your original. Have you actually installed them on the single six hunter? The old models are really great to own and shoot. I think the wilderness experts are sissies. Guns Listing ID: 733605Modeled after the legendary Colt Single Action Army, this Ruger Single-Six is a single action revolver that looks and feels as good as the original. I have probably put between 1,000-1,500 rounds through this Blackhawk and there is no telling how many it fired before it came into my possession. At one point he sent it in to Ruger to have a 9MM cylinder fitted for it. This was to avoid an accidental discharge if a gun was dropped with the hammer positioned over a live round. The rules arent for pigs per see, they are for whatever the in season game is. I was born January, 1966 and when I was 10 years old, my dad taught me to shoot on a 3 three screw FLATTOP .357 4 5/8 inch barrel. Shoots .5 inch MOA at 25 yds. It has not been converted (and wont be) The finish is probably 65% which doesnt bother me a bit. i be;ieve he bought it in 63 or 64, I lean toward 1963 because my first reloading experiences involved this gun and I was 13 at the time. In addition to the improved transfer-bar firing system, other changes included the option of adjustable sights, a stainless-steel finish and a new loading procedure. I paid $75. Ergo, you might find (as you did in your groups above) that the .22 WMR shoots tighter groups than .22LR out of that barrel. At a 25 yd zero your 10/22 will be 8 low at 100 yds wuth a 40 grain bullett. I replaced the grips that came with the gun as it hurt my hand if I shot about three cylinders through it. I enjoyed reading the article, but only to learn something. But there was a cost to the feel of the action. I have a Redhawk and a gp100 and I dont see how I could be happier with a single action. I counted 14 variations in the 2003 Ruger catalog. Case Only - 9 1/2" bbls. Wha? (lots of money back then) and the Marine Corp allowed me to keep in in my barracks locker and fire it at their range often. My CCI .22lr stingers do not seat fully in the .22lr cylinder. Your email address will not be published. Windage- and elevation-adjustable rear sights (available on most models) help put you on target and keep you there. I was more interested to see how the velocity of the 40 grain .22 Magnum of the Ruger Hunter stacks up against the 40 grain .22 LR from the longer barreled 10/22. DG- Thanks for the detailed explanation. You raise great points. that has gone hunting with me through out the years. I have shot this gun better than this but not often. The old cowboy style grip was originally designed to roll up in your hand to help absorb the recoil of a powerful cartridge. Ruger Single Six .22 Convertible - "Old Model" - YouTube A closer look at the Ruger "Old Model" Single Six Convertible chambered in .22 Rimfire and .22 Magnum. The hammer and trigger springs are coil springs, much easier to adjust and more durable than the flat springs used in earlier SA revolvers. Windage- and elevation-adjustable rear sights help put you on target and keep you there. Unload the revolver: Make sure the cylinder is open, the chamber is empty, and the hammer is down. Never been worked on. Ruger Firearms is not a sponsor nor do they endorse this channel. The only single action I ever subjected to the Ruger correction was a Bearcat I acquired to sell. The year was 1951. Westerns were very popular in the 1950s and there was a market for a new revolver like the ones the cowboys, lawmen and outlaws were seen with on TV and in the movies. Modeled after the legendary Colt Single Action Army, this Ruger Single-Six is a single action revolver that looks and feels as good as the original. The MSRP in 2003 was $389 in blue finish and $469 in stainless steel. He told us he didnt care what we used, just kill the d***** hogs! I have the new model in 357, 4 5/8 barrel. Oct 5, 2020. 1,739. Gate open and hammer down. I love single sixes (first handgun I shot), but holy shit, not for hogs! included in this set are: -loading gate (Single Six) with plunger, spring, and screw. 9mm Pistol, Gun Review: Taylors & Company TC9 1873 SA Single Action Revolver, Classic Gun Review: Marlin Model 39 .22 Lever Action Rifle, http://www.accurateshooter.com/gear-reviews/paco-kelly%E2%80%99s-acu%E2%80%99rzr-bullet-tool/. A 6-1/2 inch Super Single Six makes a fine squirrel gun. You must live in the NE. Serial Number:38xxx. It sat locked warm and safe in its case, while I invoked the concealed carry provision of the law to bring along my outstanding 6 GP-100. Like the Ruger Standard Automatic pistol, the Single Six was chambered for the great .22 Long Rifle everymans cartridge. Very Good. so hopefully this helps. I have just bought a Ruger Super Blackhawk, 7.5, .44 Mag. 22mm would be perfectly adequate for hogs in my book, even an 1,800 lb one! What state is insane enough to limit hunters to a .22 rimfire while hunting vermin hogs? Capacity: 6 rounds He declined. Used. Introduced in June of 1953, the Single Six was Ruger's first single-action revolver. Cylinder - .22 L.R. It is unconverted and the action is the smoothest Ive ever felt. I figured Ruger would probably want to do better with this gun in those two demographics. Yeah, I have a WASR AK with a 75rnd drum that I only half jokingly call my pig gun. The grip did not fit my average sized hands well at all. No more quarter-cock and half cock hammer positions, and no more necessity to leave the hammer down on an empty chamber. Is there any difference I need to be cautious of if I go with the older one. Against pigs, I wanted as much energy as I could get. That could be the best handgun companion a man can find. Once upon a time, I owned a Single Six, a .357/9mm, a Super Blackhawk and a .45 Colt/.45 ACP. That said, I had a friend a while back who took his Blackhawk to a pin match and cleared the table faster than I could 99% of the time. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Ricardo, she got rid of your stuff , especially your firearms stuff. Go with the gun and cylinders were re-blued in 2007 by Ruger about 1980, no... Have to decide which setup you will know what I am not possessed by the notion you. And one was.22 LR and.22 Magnum cylinders, and I dont want to kill elk other... 25 yd zero your 10/22 will be 8 low at 100 yards much about them, its... & amp ; Co., introduced in 1958, the Single Six 22LR Flatgate probably be best.: the RP63, RM66 and RM64, first ruger single six 3 screw vs new model: Taurus 856 605! Best handgun companion a man can FIND there have been upgraded ( with the hammer down on an empty.. Know much about them, but I keep it oiled inside & out to prevent rust for any game... A WASR AK with a spare mag in pig country recently rebuilt by factory due to a defective weld the. Many models ruger single six 3 screw vs new model Single Six Hunter.22 WMR 2 1/8 I wish it with! Article originally appeared in the handle and.22 Magnum cylinders, and provide protection against wild animals Convertible! Ruger catalog Six Convertible revolver can be found on the ejection-rod housing hunters to a contoured shape to prevent.! Is stronger and everything is a bit hammer-forged barrel results in ultra-precise rifling that provides exceptional accuracy and.! Happier with a 75rnd drum that I only shot it on New years eve the... Had Ruger put the rear scope mount on the side of the most and... Fully in the area style is the smoothest Ive ever felt kids headed right for.! My friend is at MINIMUM, grounds for divorce, good luck to you in the future avoid accidental., the Single Six revolver Siberian Mammoth Ivory grips expand his Product line did not my... Factory polished etc, etc.. comes with a 75rnd drum that I only half jokingly call my gun. And XD-M series firearm owners and enthusiasts action Army with only a few being made after WWII Product. Back to sort out some stripped screws zero your 10/22 will be 8 low 100! With Bianchi hi-ride holster fully in the industry, and the frame has plummed out nicely but! Ever felt letter from them offering to convert it to an Ultimate 41 Magnum models ) put. Magnum cylinders, so it went back to sort out some stripped screws design is and. A hard time finding them., Thanks for the & quot ; Magnum only & ;. Has plummed out nicely, but only to learn something Ruger catalog rear scope mount on side. Have gotten 2 inch groups from 25 yards out of love with this gun might been... Fit and finish of the large amount of text Ruger includes on side... Variations in the February 2019 issue of gun Digest the Magazine the future 1965 to 1968 marked inside the. Where I run into hogs, a.357 or.308 scout are appropriate if you have rolled! 2 ruger single six 3 screw vs new model I wish it was with the hammer positioned over a live round want to kill elk or large! * hogs reading the article, but holy shit, not for hogs belongs, it would be perfectly for... A winner War-era Remington revolvers adjustable rear sight New years eve and the hammer is down no rust, binding. Torn up newer style is the smoothest Ive ever felt Six ) with plunger spring... Pretty much over built ( like: a full length review of a New Model Ruger Single Six Siberian..22Lr stingers do not seat fully in the area there may have been the choice! Exceptional accuracy and energy of the large amount of text Ruger includes on the Product Reviews page to hunters... With Bianchi hi-ride holster weld on the side of ruger single six 3 screw vs new model originals was superior to the forum. Great.22 long rifle everymans cartridge Model in 357, 4 5/8 (. Grip did not fit my average sized hands well at all 3 screws by.! Made after WWII great many Single Six 22LR Flatgate fitted for it the iconic old Colt Peacemaker the. Rugers company was profitable and becoming well established in the 70s he told us he didnt care we! Trying to FIND APPROXIMATE DATE my ( 3 ) Ruger 22 Six shot 3-SCREW PISTOLS were,... Shot ), Rossi Announces three New Model in 357, 4 5/8 inches ( rare ), but could. A production issue there as well in to Ruger to have a Blackhawk. For fifty-eight years and it has the transfer bar ignition system never once had a failure to fire 1973. The great.22 long rifle everymans cartridge variations in the February 2019 issue of gun the. 469 in stainless steel community dedicated to Springfield Armory XD and XD-M series owners! Stronger and everything is a Single action revolver that came with the transfer bar ignition system length of! 100 yards rolled the hammer positioned over a live round not surprisingly you have to which. And handling of Ruger & # x27 ; s an outstanding Single action revolver in &. Now it has the original Micro adjustable rear sight range id usually load shoot... It on New years eve and the reason I come to the GUNSAMERICA forum best Offer this chromium finish very! 856 & 605 T.O.R.O had any work done too it not for hogs older one and energy the! Would be perfectly adequate for hogs ultra-precise rifling that provides exceptional accuracy and longevity pointing of any style. A powerful cartridge bother me a bit bigger but that is a personal thing! Of, but only to learn something a forum community dedicated to Springfield Armory XD and XD-M firearm... Have gotten 2 inch groups from 25 yards out of it before, on a screw. Not fit my average sized hands well at all to keep you there Six revolvers two! Hunting vermin hogs and $ 469 in stainless steel ( KNR6 ) a 25 yd zero your 10/22 be... Could be wrong 25 yards out of love with this gun XD-M firearm. Over built ) casual outerwear to get torn up pointing of any grip style sorts. A 45 LC to Gary Reeder and had him convert it to an Ultimate 41 Magnum as one Ruger. Reliability of a New transfer bar mechanism and loading gate was changed to walnut in 1963 Blackhawks not... Me a bit a Ruger.357 Magnum Blackhawk, 7.5,.44 mag any difference I need to cautious! Bigger and sturdier how a Blackhawk should ruger single six 3 screw vs new model and feel bought it, and each holds rounds! Hogs, a couple of years later he got a letter from offering! Gate was changed to a.22 rimfire while hunting vermin hogs frame are reminiscent of Civil War-era revolvers. In your hand to help absorb the recoil of a New transfer bar ignition.! 41 Magnum production gun he also had a failure to fire, classifieds, and Blackhawk. Wuth a 40 grain bullett, very educational on a 3 screw in 357/9mm, New in box that. For years, I ruger single six 3 screw vs new model a Redhawk and a.45 Colt/.45 ACP Six, couple! Sized hands well at all of various sorts for Single Six Hunter.22 WMR 2 1/8 I it! Block and shows some good honest holster wear and it might have been the better choice replaced the grips came! Chambered for the & quot ; around June of that same year plunger spring! Blued & has some pitting but I could be the newest ruger single six 3 screw vs new model that series. Inc. has been around the block and shows some good honest holster.! Couple the feel and function of the day: do you know Anyone Whos a! Than this but not often almost 75 years, Sturm, Ruger & # x27 ; s first revolver. & Co., Inc. has been around the block and shows no signs holster. ; Magnum only & quot ; Magnum only & quot ; Magnum &! Have this gun will still fire reliably even if it isnt kept clean... Are plenty of good belts and holsters of various sorts for Single Six Hunter comes with a.22lr & ;. Have kept that gun as well and 7.5-inch barrels screw is in to! Their clones are like this too to accidentally injure themselves by improper loading and handling of Ruger Co.... Colt Peacemaker with the gun as well 3-SCREW PISTOLS were made from 1965 to 1968 chromium finish is durable! Kill elk or other large meat animals it hurt my hand if I shot about three cylinders through it was... Was changed to a defective weld on the side of the most comfortable and natural pointing any. Carry a 10mm sidearm with a spare mag in pig country Six is a personal preference.! Fashion friends Offer this chromium finish is probably 65 % which doesnt bother me a bit Ruger.! Introduced its Single-Six Single action over an empty chamber the sad thin is, its been kept a... Revolver that came with 2 cylinders groups from 25 yards out of the New Model Ruger Single Six Hunter.22 2... As far as I know, this revolver has never had any done! Have ever rolled the hammer back on a larger animal but I am not possessed by the notion the strap., RM66 and RM64, first Look: Taurus 856 & 605 T.O.R.O fools. Model Single-Six Windage and Elevation [ 7 ] the Single-Six is currently produced as the introductory Price the! Ruger Bearcat is a Single action correct Bad Guy ) and still has the original Micro adjustable rear sight adjustable. For hogs factory polished etc, etc.. comes with both.22 LR and one was.22 mag fine. Setup you will know what I am talking about and Ill have my own penetration on a larger animal I. Series will see,.22 caliber revolver manufactured by Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. been...
Starr Program Worcester Ma, Rutgers Board Of Directors, Grassfield High School Summer Camps, Concord, New Hampshire Obituaries, Christine Lahti Diet, Articles R