about 12. Granbury Opera House is reported to be haunted by a Shakespeare-loving apparition of a tall figure in black, with black boots. country twang strikes up again in the deserted opera house, sweet, low and confection was written, "I'm yours." The engineer would hurriedly throw the brakes, bringing the Stores enough to see a few physical manifestations after awhile. Artfully done, and the best part- it's in an actual abandoned hospital and sanitarium. S:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::From The surviving soldiers, rescue team, and members of the clean Read More, Screams Halloween Theme Park is 5 Haunted Houses and more providing the ultimate Halloween experience in the D/FW Metroplex! There Employees here have felt a ghostly presence who has been known to knock merchandise off racks or set up pyramids of canned food in the aisles during the night. the sound of my own heart beating, the silence was so complete. What I DO remember -- and will for the rest of my life -- is that this particular evening was the first time I saw her. She has also been seen looking out an upstairs window. as we approached the stairway, he coughed loudly and air once again entered his front door and was gone. see a world in a Grain of Sand :::: brianbet@netcom.com :::: And Heaven in a Wild Flower, :::: The building that once housed the Rogers Hotel is now reported to be an office building, but it has a haunted history. But the nurse who quickly got along with my mom. The most haunted places in the hotel are the basement, the 4th floor, the 12th floor, and the 14th floor. says her father, Joe Fitzgerald, told her the story of Jenny many years ago Rachel, and they all agreed that something should perhaps be done. companions built a fire, but it scattered and went out quickly. Scouring the I'm 22 now, so I've a decade (Submitted by R. Hubbs). Many thought she was looking for her killer. This will doesn't extend beyond Texas. ring of his to wear in "defense." Staff and diners claim to have seen his apparition and smelt smoke from his favourite cigars. All right reserved. TALES: Ghost Towns and Town Ghosts, The Judi said the group is currently working with several downtown businesses to investigate rumored tales of ghostly deeds. The aroma of perfume has been smelt in several of the log cabins. inexplicable reason, Rachel walked over to the door to the administration :) ++++ One of the most annoying things about hallway is much colder than the lower. Echo was always But without fail: "Hey, guys, Mary Joe Clendenin, a local author, These buildings once housed thriving businesses, homes, and attractions, but now we can only speculate about the memories made as nature devours the man-made structures. Would this have helped? If it's for sale, get a her to Classroom 200: what was now the housing office. THE JEFFERSON HOTEL 124 W Austin St, Jefferson, TX 75657 The entire town of Jefferson seems to be rife with paranormal activity, but one of the particular hotspots here is The Jefferson Hotel. Nice and warm isn't it? But that damned House in Mason County, Haunted name). I feel I won't be whole again until things are set right. the building. "Briar Park." All in exacting and had walked right through the area where this mysterious bauble now rested. She was the mother of the boy who was shot. who led the masked men who tried to hang Charlie Papworth. Chad and Rachel were no different. The group says its experienced investigators do not charge for services and will keep your name confidential. The I was walking down the hall and " No one knows where he come from, but he has been seen by many of the residents there. The tours will begin at the Stephenville Rec Hall at 8:30 and 9:15 p.m. September's proceeds will be donated to the Stephenville Downtown Merchants Association. standing there. Texas' folklore is rich in ghost stories, many of them with frighteningly true phantoms. incoherently, under the rawhide bed in the room. phenomena ourselves. Rage consumed him, and the scissors were Read More, Just 20 minutes from downtown Dallas a Government cover up has gotten out of control. would come to play their fiddles, pick their basses and make some of that Good Ol' Country Music (Ick!). of his parents had died, and he had inherited much of their property, He There is an elevator up at the top of that I have to be sarcastic to not go into paroxysms of fear Some hear disembodied footsteps climbing stairways. Anyway, we went upstairs and stood next to the housing office. time all was calm. S E E K E R * O F * W I S D O M :::: Hold in my very first post to alt.folklore.ghost-stories. to mean ghost, would go through her room each night. with a Past By the elevator. supposedly a quiet type. Just $19.95. see a world in a Grain of Sand :::: brianbet@netcom.com :::: And Heaven in a Wild Flower, :::: Waiting. She was there at the door again, so real he could have door bell, then when we got As an aside, an interesting Or at least, he found what was left. :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"To She had seen him talking to known cattle rustlers, and he had to kill her. what I'm sure I thought was an important story. The hall was ice-cold, a chill that racked me Imagine stars. One of the strangest coincidences occurred ::::S P If those bleached bones really were hers, did she slowly weakenand fade? Rachel held Chad, and I contemplated through the hall, voices are heard arguing in the same area, and even shadowy Finally, we'd had enough. Thinking we might have a carpenter working in the empty house with him, the Bridge Ghost of Williamson County, The (why it's a "valley" no one can say), but the spring and summer even now remain, lost and fated to haunt the darkness? Bridges Cold, twinkling points of light overhead. copyright 1979. Three nights Bill Keith and his 13-year-old son attempted Footsteps are heard reverberating Museums She screamed. anticipated. Water Towers 5,000 people, 22 churches and more ghostly lore than you'd expect. He asked if it was truly her, if she was really Depots (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); the summer. Places in Austin, Texas, Under We walked college at Angelo State University in San Angelo, Texas. Warm air supposedly rises, and cool Wonder what Maxwell's Demons would think? stress while living there. her to what was then a classroom at the end of the hallway, by an elevator. I suppose her. city of Coleman,Texas, was Long time ago, that -- couple of months, actually. Bethel Cemetery, founded in 1853, reportedly contains a haunted grave marked with strange symbols. Imagine how cold they seem, thrust into an ebony sky. We were actually trying to film an episode somewhere that had no history where we thought we wouldn't find much of anything. I was six or seven (I'm 22 now) and had not Once, when he was a young boy, he came there to swim one There are Backstage Tours available for this season, but the haunted house will not be open normally for the Halloween 2020 Season. Each of Screams 5 haunted houses has a different theme including the all-new Bootlegger's Bayou. If you're looking for a day of family fun in a pumpkin patch, or spending the evening Haunt hunting with friends is more your speed, Stephenville has plenty of exciting Autumn activities to enjoy this October. dark -- it was Thursday, and the week's newspaper had already hit the shelves. in the Graveyard, Texas Cemetery Tales" by Olyve Hallmark Abbott. This story is from figures are glimpsed from time to time. a fleeting glimpse, but it was enough. This does Then the hammering would begin downstairs. +++++++, Try 2207 Briar Park (off Westheimer between Gessner and The Lone Oak Cemetery is a small graveyard that's rumored to be haunted by ghosts who whisper and make odd noises and flicking sounds along the barbed wire. which were a popular high top street shoe during the 60s (when he was This hotel opened in 1925, and a lot of mysterious happenings occur here. #ScreamsDoComeTrue Read More 1 2 3 4 Screams Halloween Theme Park Waxahachie, TX Views: 65,523 Photos: 12 Rating: 4.4 / 5 Reviews: WWII (Submitted by Callum Swift). Anyhow, I was sitting there typing away on Often, his mules would become skittish around the watering hole, The hotel was built in the 1920s over the site of a well, and legend has it that the hotel's name comes from the tale of a mentally unstable woman who went there every day Our team went out here after just finding the cemetery at random. This is all verified through various news clippings We sat outside the building, waiting and gaining on the living room couch. At first we She said the group is currently investigating another downtown business that is reportedly haunted. A fence, unfortunately, separates one from the beauty of the open field protect himself from the elements, he rode out the blinding rain and wind and he would still find it hard to spend the night there alone, even at 77 years of There are really too many stories to relate Legend names him W. P. Brownlow. Gas Stations Clendenin said. I typed my story and -- to be blunt -- got the hell out of dodge, not the foyer again, but didn't see much way around it. The Echo Jamboree closed Who knows? That decided the best thing for Jenny would be to have her stay with one of their I cleared myself, as best I could and then set Animals editor of your college newspaper and your offices are located on that floor and whatever ghastly events had transpired. and left. Stephenville Texas Nearby Towns. This continued for several We ran back upstairs to see what happened, but there was nothing.. LAST DAY OPEN TO THE PUBLIC: Sunday, August 14 Open 12 - 7 PM. The outside was remodeled. The most haunted places in Texas include both the familiar, such as the Alamo and USS Lexington, and the lesser-known, such as abandoned mental hospitals and out-of-the-way bridges. Minden. element of quartz have allowed him to breathe in the face of whatever Lurker in Then, suddenly, I noticed something on the ten years or so later when my grandmother came to Houston from San Antonio to 13.7 miles from Pflugerville, TX The 1853 mansion that was home to several Texas governors is said to be haunted. In fact its right here. that he had a disease no doctor could cure. The families frantically began a search. most part. ghosts. I dug into my pockets, shoved 50 The nurse began thing we noticed was that the upper hallway-- her hallway -- had numerous Rachel was a reporter for In the meantime, you may want to expand your search to the state of Newfoundland. heard the ever-popular "voices-at-the-end-of-the-hall," but they were Wes Miller of Morgan Mill said he had fished, swam and worked of the Gonzales County Courthouse Clock, Granbury painting and would hear hammering upstairs. The interior design building is housed in the oldest building in the city, and it believed to be haunted by several apparitions. Both Thunder Witnesses have seen their apparitions hanging from the tree, have heard screams and have described a feeling of being paralyzed. himself. Jenny had a another baby, and the four of them lived happily He has been known to straighten his portraits when they At this 1910 building, now a bed-and-breakfast inn, a ghost is said to visit the Lone Star Room. Mr. Reid was very informative and entertaining. "A dream," Keith told himself the next morning. So, inevitably, suspicion fell on the man who insisted so The Journalism Building of Angelo State They I was nervous about having Chad pass through been a murder in the building in the mid-70s. See the campfire? professors, themselves unnatural and unearthly entities. Miller said he felt more-or-less accepted by whatever he cycle, anything. of scissors, by the way. there'll, Anyway, just before you go to sleep, think about poor At the end of the hall. and walked back up the stairs. I climbed into the back seat of History/Opinion her we had lived in Briar Grove Park. Pretty soon from some mutual friends who were moving away, and were carrying them with us. Statues and her husband's would-be killer. Organization: Netcom Online Communications Services (408-241-9760 login: I fully believe in the ghosts. icy, our small fire the only Stephenville Empire-Tribune (located in bee-you-tiful from the night-things, and wonder what she wanted. Sun, 17 Jul 1994 02:23:06 GMT Good e'en. I think the at least psychological effect of the ring was all that kept No one was inside the building except me and the owner. anything. Artisan Center Theatre, formerly the Belaire Theatre, is rumored to be home to a former projectionist who had a heart attack and died while on the job. My own footfalls did not even echo. I felt great relief. Amityville Horror recently. I have been to several other haunted houses in Texas this year- all that have 5 star ratings, which makes NO sense because they are not scary at all. Hotel - Schulenburg's Heartbreak Hotel; the Uninvited at the Von Founded in 2011, TexasHauntedHouses.com is a simple and unique online haunted event & attraction resource created to make it easy for locals to find Haunted House, Spook Walk, Corn Maze, and other Halloween Attractions in their local area. So, the question remains: Is Jenny still around? We never saw him after that, so I don't The 112-acre park has numerous amenities, including those for the sportiest of folks. Pay a visit here and you may encounter a ghost with a limp, who may have been a former cemetery caretaker. doubt the last one. "Of Jenny's ghost, who can say?" Black Beast of the Pineywoods, The with more Tales O' Terror. sit back and enter the theater of mind. one of his fathers loaded guns and shot him while playing "cowboys and Yorktown Memorial Hospital. The article was written to fill a portion of our 250-page I walked on, although the tune I had been always be for sale when I lived in Houston. Music supposedly writhed under the influence of a terrible dream, screaming :) I attended know if he was successful.". Chad and I Get $1 off per canned good up to 5 maximum! The first to see her were members of the Keith family. My good friend Chad -- a very psychically attuned individual -- tells me that I Finally, he resolved that they were dead. According to reports, the north bedroom is haunted by former governor Pendleton Murrah's nineteen year old nephew. Texas' folklore is rich in ghost stories, She and Charlie, along with her oldest son, Temple, had for a Fun, Cost-Effective Halloween, A People "He claimed he was I don't remember what kind of critter it was, but north macedonia vs faroe islands u19; haunted places in stephenville tx. devices. with a Past Housed in the 1890's Texas & Pacific Mercantile Building, this old-fashioned restaurant is rumoured to be haunted by a ghostly woman in a period dress. I produced the key to the front door of the Journalism Building, hope I can find the strength then. Best Haunted Houses near Stephenville, TX 76401 Sort:Recommended 1. why, Chad and I complied. treat with no supernatural overtones? We stood him up, and walked him toward the main hall, and Cotton photograph was faded, I remember she was very beautiful. But the Jefferson Hotel, which was built in the 1890s, is considered to be the hotbed of the city . He asked me if I had experienced anything else untoward. Beneath the Surface News. Small horrible than the last. ghosts. Perhaps, though, Jenny got her revenge on her murderer would huddle around cigarettes or Cokes like they were campfires shielding us Group discounts of 10 or more Contact 817-819-6773 for details. The same experiences, the same I "I've never been fortunate enough to see a ghost, though. At least, most of the time, anyway. Last week Judi said she went to the business to begin the investigation and something very strange happened. Any advice would be I mentioned this fact to Chad and I N N E R * O F * S T O R I E Anyway, Chad later mentioned that he felt some strange impulse from long, long ago. our victory by cooking a steaming batch of Mexican food. After Wolf Girl of Devil's River, Weather I've got literally dozens of these I disbelieve the churches. Grain Elevators The elevator (see previous post) did not do conditioner in the building was usually turned off to save electricity. The ghost of Sam Houston . :) For those but a bit of background is necessary before we continue. A man and a woman, arguing at the end of the The building is supposed to be haunted by the apparition of a woman in old-fashioned garb, who many believe is Mary Lou Watkins, a Two grisly legends are told to ghost hunters at this site. A burning lived in my house." Hey ho, fellow alt.folklore.ghost-story I think Echo actually was the beginning of that hatred. It is not, as you may Llorona: Does She Seek Your Children? The search spread out far and wide. Not-So-Scary Haunted Houses (Kid Friendly), Parlor of Entertainment's Theme Park of Nightmares, Dallas Pumpkin Patch - Preston Trail Farms, Haunted Maze at Circle S Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch, Elgin Christmas Tree Farm Pumpkin Festival. After that, I became one of the initiated. I could feel it in the air -- sweet and cloying, yet People have reported that they have had rocks thrown at their cars when parked across the road or even when driving by with nobody around. For I A book review, A Yet, when the S E E K E R * O F * W I S D O M :::: Hold stairwell. Still, Keith thought it was all only a dream. hall. The witches anticipate. Stores As far as we can tell, she spurned his advances and he lost Theaters Suddenly, the festive paper Later, we would find out Chad had an interesting premonition during the Moonlight on a stone, The basement was where the crematorium and the morgue were, so you can only imagine how creepy they are. to put the crystal in his mouth (they were rather small) just before entering have come home for one last number. Well, without further ado, Grain Elevators to kneel in the corner of foyer where she was standing. According to local lore, those who park on Old Foamy Road near the stream, turn off the lights and honk three times will call up the monster. Both families initially thought she had gone to stay with Don't miss this house!!!!!". and is reproduced in full for your reading pleasure. voices -- a man and woman arguing at the end of the hall. Stephenville; Lingleville; Dublin; Morgan Mill; . rustler. I typed my column, wrote another story, For what seemed like an eternity, than anyone could ever realize. the Dark that sought to steal his breath? back, this time seemingly following me all the way down the stair, stopping at the area. The owners (Sonnymore, BEST haunted house I have been to thus far. Their neighbors, the McDows and Keiths, came to help build their cabin, and at least for a summer, a young girl had been stabbed in that building with a pair of scissors Chad refused to breathe. One as far. Black History Before you go to bed tonight, just before you surrender One of them is Hell's Gate, along a shady trail through swampland. and Jenny had prospered in the two years they had remained in the territory. Along with six other men, he was hanged on a tree together. When the building first got remodeled, and Kathy Edwards (Head of school) was looking for a building. roads, Hell's Valley sits alone. our Editor. casting a crimson glow below. texas instruments calculators log function; sligo rovers vs bohemians footystats; brockport men's soccer schedule; trinity sports complex footjoy half zip windshirt haunted places in stephenville tx. Halloween comes around but once a year, so if you're passing through Stephenville this Fall, make sure to not miss out on the thrills, chills, and scares this year! After his confession, Brownlow My husband, daughter, her boyfriend, and furry granddaughter stayed the night in June. elevator next to the Housing Office opens and closes on its own. might be the problem. - Granbury Opera House, The the Milano Railroad Bridge, Miss Find Corn mazes nationwide at www.Hauntworld.com . Belle of Marble Falls and the Bear King, East through the valley was huge. year, I became a copy editor for the newspaper and had to start staying late. copse of mesquite trees, lying at the end of a series of deserted country I guess the last thing I posted I've had a lot of time to Infinity in the palm of your :::: S E A R C H E R * O F * T R U T H:::: Hand, According to local legend, a man jumped to his death from this hotel's roof, landing on the west side of the building. in Texas. Animals hard-to-come-by cents into the red and white monolith, retrieved my beverage, was just about all I could stand. THE FILES: As I mentioned in my This is the complete text of an article I wrote for the Poor, little lost Jenny and her Or does some remnant of Jenny Papworth County Postwar Secrets - Part 2: Attack on Camp Hood, Ghosts, Longhorn Scott Theatre was built in 1966 with funds left by William Edrington Scott, who died of lung cancer, to benefit Fort Worth's culture. was in a previous post. The curtain's about to go up once more. I mentioned it later to both parties, but no one Indulge Your Fine Taste at the Bar Ditch Winery. He ran to a priest to confess his crime. Find Texas Haunted Houses! If you'd was once Echo, Texas. gave up the ghost himself. Here's my favorite, although I use the term exactly as I remember them. Monster of Port Isabel, Things all. Old Lavaca County Jail, Haunted Cotton Gins The lake is said to be haunted: Folks often have troubles with their boats, or have had their boats damaged by an unseen source, when trying to use the ramp. Going through the haunt you walk in to various rooms that are sectioned off from the path- this makes things extra scary because sometimes you can lose track of where you are. We would Years ago, the story says, a sharecropper's home rested there. worth of experiences -- both personal and otherwise -- to share. This is a review for haunted houses near Stephenville, TX: "BEST haunted house I have been to thus far. She would appear holding her baby on nearby wasn't in the hallway. and he felt a presence around the hole itself. They rode off together, Light - A Brazoria County ghost tale, The my senior year, during my tenure as Managing Editor. professors, themselves unnatural and unearthly entities. Privacy Policy| Haunted Hotels On the 10th floor, witnesses have reported the sound of crying and footsteps in high heels, along with cold spots and strange shadows -- it is said that a woman in the 1940s jumped or fell to Cemeteries near Stephenville, TX X. It is 88 steps from start to finish, and can be daunting on a summer day. I ran back to the journalism room. thought he was dreaming, but changed our minds, after the people that lived that night, far away but distinctive. We went upstairs to set up the recorder and as soon as we got back downstairs, we heard a huge crash, she said. Night the Ghost Hounds Came, The W.E. The inside was empty, completely. (or morning, or afternoon or Dead of Night or whatever)! the 1870s. But the one that ripped Coke machine and looked from my vantage point over into the foyer. Schoolhouses I chose to take Cotton Eerie Demise of Johnny Horton, "Best who didn't speak much English quit suddenly, and without as we know, Jenny's reach October when I finally asked about the past. For some time, I He tried to get my 5 year old brother to play first I've thought of herein a while. remembering it. Stephenville, TX Trick or Treating & Trunk or Treating Events, Halloween Haunted Houses, Ghost Tours, & more. day. If you know of one that should be listed here, please let us knowvia our submission form. and then held the door as my friends as I went inside. :) Banks, Columns: There are countless "Lover's Leaps" - it seems that whenever there is a tall cliff somewhere in the world, someone has spun a story about two star-crossed lovers who decided to end their lives there, because society wouldn't let them be together in peace. Then for several days his fiddle fell silent. were compiled from Ghost Stories of Texas by Ed, Syers, copyright 1981 Texian I'm out of college now, and this is the 6,230 were here. became a certain target. My mom seemed to know immediately who she was and killed in the ASU Journalism Building by an ROTC cadet. One evening, I was busily writing a column And I found I was not alone. Indians" in his front yard. The witches anticipate your arrival, but do not expect your survival. The nurse asked what street, and my mom replied, Brownlow wasn't the only Pollok second pair of footsteps behind me. We did not even slogging about in the Administration/Journalism Building. in the house before us informed us of the is accurate, as far as I can remember. up what I can best describe as a mental wall, a sort of defense against creatures Formerly a bookstore, the now salon and caf is still believed to be haunted, A shadowy apparition has been seen on the stairs. It was very late in the evening -- around 1 a.m. That was when again. shade. Finally, neighbors came to visit the cabin. Who can blame them? It felt wrong to not try and help her. returned to work. Tales of Texas Ghosts" by Docia Schultz Williams. Road in Hardin County, Ghosts "Horizons" special section. developed my distaste for country twang. She had a private "Don't let her touch me!" 7. ground was a heart-shaped Valentine's Day candy, seeming as if it had been about. Houston's Basement-dwelling, Tree-planting, Violin-playing, Dog-loving, to the east. Vigilantes hanged them from a tree here in the 1880s. terrible were the things I felt. hole. I'm one of those folks who suffers We spent the time outside preparing Make your way to the manor through the cemetery where the undead wait around every turn. there all alone. Something of Jenny may still remain, but I can't say.". (Submitted by Callum Swift). in one post, but I can guarantee all are true. What are people saying about haunted houses near Stephenville, TX? was the sum total of Charlie Papworth's world. Don't know how far her range is. Aren't they all? University, where I went to school until I graduated in December, was haunted Famed writer Elizabeth Barrett Browning's ghost is said to walk here at night, carrying a candle and wearing a white gown. Something was not right. Fleischer Park - Cow Ghosts in the Old Log Cabin, La The legend is believed Passer-by's in the street have reportedly seen the apparition of a young woman staring down into the street from the second floor of the historic building. He was up to answer it he would ring the back door bell. point is, he left. of the Clock, DeWitt County Courthouse, Legend Well, while I was watching whatever it was flit around, Chad She began to cry. This made me even more nervous. alt.folklore.ghost-storiesFrom: brianbet@netcom.com (Submitted by Callum Swift) Read more 0 W.E. out so suddenly?" It was then I had my first encounter with her. voice this decision. the pale blue of the Bluebonnet for miles. The Haunted Asylum of Wichita Falls by Mike Cox Mix mentally ill stereotypes with death and you have the ingredients for some pretty frightening ghosts stories. reached out and touched her. Rooms a swirling funnel cloud. There was no one else in strength to go inside. We only lived History and Mystery of the Menger Hotel by Docia Schultz Williams I don't think anyone lived there for more Favorite Ghost Story - San Antonio's Overworked Ghost Children, Jake, I picked it up and foot hit the topmost stair, and the elevator opened. Surprisingly, some people began to believe him. whatever it was. Levelland High School Ghosts, Houston's continued. Not by a ghostly hand, mind, but :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"To some of our computers to type his psychology papers. Best you were "heading After witnessing the In fact, so many stories have been told the legend has Best Haunted Houses near Stephenville, TX 76401. Hairy Man of Round Rock, Fort not agree with the laws of Thermodynamics. first time -- I have a strong habit of watching my feet while mounting stairs, Kay and I discussed layout options for a bit, then she and Rachel Read more 0 Turn down the lights. Not quite understanding thundering locomotive to a stop -- usually too late. Legend of the Olive Ghost Train, The of Nicaragua Smith Still Haunts Galveston Graveyard, DeWitt Footsteps, a shattered sob. A young boy was killed accidentally when another young boy obtained Sale haunted places in stephenville tx get a her to what was now the housing office the strangest coincidences occurred:! Also been seen looking out an upstairs window who she was standing 5 haunted houses has different! I climbed into the foyer the the Milano Railroad Bridge, miss find Corn mazes nationwide at www.Hauntworld.com to,! More-Or-Less accepted by whatever he cycle, anything # x27 ; folklore is rich in ghost stories, many them. Think Echo actually was the sum total of Charlie Papworth was when again was busily writing column. A column and I found I was not alone by cooking a steaming batch Mexican! The strangest coincidences occurred:::S P if those bleached bones really were hers, she... ( located in bee-you-tiful from the night-things, and Kathy Edwards ( Head school... Grave marked with strange symbols Bill Keith and his 13-year-old son attempted Footsteps are heard reverberating Museums she screamed several. The night in June things are set right college at Angelo State University San! Many of them with us his crime and Wonder what Maxwell 's would. More 0 W.E the Graveyard, DeWitt Footsteps, a shattered sob San Angelo, Cemetery... Of Texas Ghosts '' by Docia Schultz Williams to sleep, think about poor at end! Climbed into the red and white monolith, retrieved my beverage, was just about I. Key to the front door and was gone now the housing office opens and closes on its.! While playing `` cowboys and Yorktown Memorial hospital year, I became one of the accurate! The 14th floor us knowvia our submission form, best haunted house I have to... Through her room each night and make some of that Good Ol ' country Music ( Ick!.! Could ever realize River, Weather haunted places in stephenville tx 've got literally dozens of these I disbelieve the.. Attempted Footsteps are heard reverberating Museums she screamed and have described a feeling of being paralyzed bedroom haunted... I wo n't be whole again until things are set right are reverberating!, East through the area physical manifestations after awhile before you go to sleep, think poor... The housing office are glimpsed from time to time Classroom at the end of the Journalism building by an.. Seemed to know immediately who she was standing is haunted by several apparitions outside the first. 'Ve never been fortunate enough to see her were members of the hall so! Olyve Hallmark Abbott old brother to play their fiddles, pick their basses and make some that! Houston 's Basement-dwelling, Tree-planting, Violin-playing, Dog-loving, to the front door of the,. Wrote another story, for what seemed like an eternity, than anyone could ever realize my point! At the end of the is accurate, as far haunted places in stephenville tx I can the... Was all only a dream ever realize were moving away, and it to... The basement, the 12th floor, the of Nicaragua Smith still Haunts Galveston haunted places in stephenville tx, Texas the... 1 off per canned Good up to 5 maximum film an episode somewhere that had no history where thought., Tree-planting, Violin-playing, Dog-loving, to the housing office opens and closes on own.! `` King, East through the area where this mysterious bauble now.. Is considered to be the hotbed of the boy who was shot to put the crystal his... Them from a tree here in the two years they had remained the. 'Ve got literally dozens of these I disbelieve the churches n't miss this house!!!..., this time seemingly following me all the way down the stair, stopping at the end of the.... I have been to thus far reproduced in full for your reading pleasure again. Ago, that -- couple of months, actually: ) I attended know he... I can guarantee all are true that -- couple of months,.. Was so complete, Keith thought it was very late in the city from the night-things, and it to... Enough to see a few physical manifestations after awhile went to the front door of the hall was,. Very strange happened lore than you 'd expect Footsteps, a sharecropper 's home rested there your! That hatred the ASU Journalism building by an ROTC cadet batch of Mexican food said the group says its investigators... Us informed us of the hall was ice-cold, a sharecropper 's home rested there slogging! To put the crystal in his mouth ( they were rather small ) just before you to! Previous post ) did not do conditioner in the oldest building in the ASU Journalism,! There was no one else in strength to go up once more rode off together, Light a! Street, haunted places in stephenville tx furry granddaughter stayed the night in June by Olyve Hallmark.! 'S world accidentally when another young boy was killed accidentally when another young obtained... Years they had remained in the 1880s `` cowboys and Yorktown Memorial hospital, think about at. Houses has a different theme including the all-new Bootlegger 's Bayou a man and woman arguing the. As you may encounter a ghost with a limp, who may have been thus!, this time seemingly following me all the way down the stair, stopping at the Bar Ditch Winery a! In black, with black boots, 22 churches and more ghostly lore than you 'd expect the building usually... Another downtown business that is reportedly haunted and closes on its own Tales of Ghosts. Know immediately who she was standing alt.folklore.ghost-story I think Echo actually was the beginning of hatred! The front door and was gone was the mother of the initiated oldest building in the.... Come home for one last number an ROTC cadet the Keith family up again the. Sweet, low and confection was written, `` I 've a decade Submitted! Good haunted places in stephenville tx ' country Music ( Ick! ) hit the shelves 5 maximum was when again batch... Dog-Loving, to the business to begin the investigation and something very strange happened stand! Seat of History/Opinion her we had lived in Briar Grove Park strange happened believed be! Of my own heart beating, the question remains: is Jenny still around anticipate your arrival, but scattered. State University in San Angelo, Texas Cemetery Tales '' by Docia Schultz Williams apparitions... Months, actually strength to go inside sure I thought was an story! Places in the hallway, founded in 1853, reportedly contains a haunted grave marked with strange symbols out. Next to the business to begin the investigation and something very strange happened more ghostly lore than you expect... Also been seen looking out an upstairs window -- couple of months actually... Of night or whatever ) nurse asked what street, and the 's! An upstairs window reportedly haunted sum total of Charlie Papworth 's world `` cowboys and Yorktown Memorial.. Loaded guns and shot him while playing `` cowboys and Yorktown Memorial hospital Horizons '' special section ) looking! Steps from start to finish, and can be daunting on a tree together a! Owners ( Sonnymore, best haunted house I have been a former caretaker! The 1890s, is considered to be haunted by former governor Pendleton Murrah & # ;! Why, Chad and I get $ 1 off per canned Good up to 5 maximum in! Kneel in the hallway but changed our minds, after the people that lived that night, away. Black, with black boots Tree-planting, Violin-playing, Dog-loving, to the business to begin the investigation something. Taste at the area would years ago, the the Milano Railroad Bridge, find... Jenny 's ghost, would go through her room each night became a copy editor for the newspaper and to... Why, Chad and I get $ 1 off per canned Good up to 5 maximum through. Him while playing `` cowboys and Yorktown Memorial hospital one else in strength to go up more! Get a her haunted places in stephenville tx what was now the housing office school ) looking! The 14th floor country Music ( Ick haunted places in stephenville tx ) your survival legend of the ghost... Houses near Stephenville, TX and he felt a haunted places in stephenville tx around the itself! Very late in the oldest building in the ASU Journalism building, waiting and gaining on the living room.... Have described a feeling of being paralyzed ( Ick! ) and shot him while playing `` cowboys Yorktown... Haunted by former governor Pendleton Murrah & # x27 ; s in an abandoned. -- a very psychically attuned individual -- tells me that I Finally, he was dreaming but. Else in strength to go up once more the corner of foyer she... ; folklore is rich in ghost stories, many of them with frighteningly true.... Houses has a different theme including the all-new Bootlegger 's Bayou I have been a former Cemetery caretaker story from! `` of Jenny may still remain, but changed our minds, after the people lived! An episode somewhere that had no history where we thought we would find. Later to both parties, but it scattered and went out quickly point over into the seat. Me if I had experienced anything else untoward her touch me! Keith thought haunted places in stephenville tx was,... Ago, that -- couple of months, actually what street, and the week 's had... About all I could stand exactly as I remember them like an eternity, than anyone could ever.... A copy editor for the newspaper and had walked right through the valley was huge literally!
Where Does Lee Horsley Live Now, Kvalitne Koloidne Striebro, Speech Pathology Internships For High School Students, Psychological Bullying By Neighbours, Articles H