Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. "I could shut the door, rest my head on the back of the glider, and let the tears fall," she continued. "They tried to fit us into a box and made Syd the contractor and us kind of the quintessential husband-and-wife design construction duo." The latter duo stars on the Netflix original, Dream Home Makeover, which highlights their design projects in Utah and in California. Please also join our Twitter and Instagram Pages for updates! We went on our first date the next night., Are Erin and Ben Napier Still Together? "And I was like, 'This is pretty good.'" Forever Home 29m Let's get together. Rather, he's in charge of operations, which is a significant role. Producers wanted Syd to pretend he was the team's contractor, which couldn't be further from the truth. Forever Home. In order to take their minds off of work (for as much as that's even possible) and truly decompress, the McGees really have to get away. Yep, Target has you covered too, and thanks to the partnership that Syd and Shea McGee have with Threshold, Target is your one-stop-shop for all things "Dream Home Makeover. Seven years ago, before this week's PEOPLE cover stars had their own Netflix series or a line of furniture or collaboration with Target or a bestselling memoir, they had both quit their office jobs to start their interior design business. Because they hadn't yet finished their basement, the production team was easily able to build the exact set they wanted there, which we now all see on the show. 1. "We soon realized that our skill-sets complemented each other really well and that he could run the business and allow me to focus solely on the design," Shea revealed in an interview withKPMG Spark. And while they had connections to the area (Shea went to college there, and that's where her parents retired to), that's not where they were based when they started their business. "We canceled cable. She added that budget constraints were a factor as well, which absolutely makes sense. What started out as a simple documentation on social media of the renovation of the couple's studio apartment in Southern California back in 2013, resulted in the launch of the duo's design company Studio McGee, a furniture and decor brand, McGee & Co., an Instagram fan base of 2.2 million followers, and a Netflix series that launched on October 16 per Decider. When the McGees first started filming, the children were distracted by the cameras, as any kids would be. After that, the McGees "swore off" television at least for a while. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation . Or perhaps you prefer to lose yourself in a Christina Anstead show, and always manage to find design inspiration after a good "Flip or Flop" binge. "I think we just took turns believing in each other," he says. "Leading into our meeting with Netflix that gave us a really kind of good idea of, like, 'If we were to do a show, what would it look like?'" If you've found yourself rewatching "Dream Home Makeover" over and over again and have already gone to your local Target and raided the McGee-Threshold section, but are still craving more McGee magic, try hitting up the couple's website. ", Season 2 of Dream Home Makeover released on New Year's Day, and although, as People reported, Covid made filming and renovating a tricky process, highlighting that they were left with "a skeleton crew and plenty of iPhone footage from the McGees in order to be in line with Covid protocol." Syd and Shea McGee Nearly Went Broke Before, How Shea and Syd McGee Find Time for Themselves with Three Kids: 'It's Always a Dance', Syd and Shea McGee Nearly Went Broke Before 'Dream Home Makeover:' 'There Wasn't a Backup Plan', Syd and Shea McGee Design Dream House for Client'' Who Endured 'Near Death Experience': 'So Blessed', 'Selling Sunset' Renewed for Seasons 6 and 7 on Netflix; Production Slated to Begin This Summer, 'Dream Home' 'Makeover'' s Syd and Shea McGee on Welcoming Baby #3: 'We've Been Waiting a Long Time', Shea McGee Reveals Special Meaning Behind Baby Margot's Name: 'The Little Pearl in Our Family', James Corden Visits Joe Biden at the White House to 'Spruce the Place Up' in Hilarious Clip, 'RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars' '7' Winners Cast on This Season's Big Twist: 'The Fans Aren't Ready', 'Get Organized' Stars Dish on the Item of Brad Pitt's They Found in Chris Pratt's Garage and More, Selma Blair's Stunning New Memoir Reveals Decades of Alcoholismand First Getting Drunk at Age 7, WATCH: Katherine Schwarzenegger Surprises Chris Pratt with a Garage Makeover: 'This Is Insane', Dashed 'Dreams' and BrokenHearts: Inside the Tumultuous Making of Fleetwood Mac's'Rumours'. While much of the showtakes place at Syd and Shea's clients' homes, where Shea works her design magic, a good portion of it also takes place at Chez McGee. "I got, like, a 40-pound sledgehammer, which is really heavy," Syd recalled. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Unfortunately, it still wasn't enough. By clicking Sign Up, you agree to our Terms and Conditions and that you have read our Privacy Policy. The two young girls have starred alongside their parents, Syd and Shea McGee, on the series from the very start. "If you've already watched all six episodes of season 1, you'll see a screen at the end that says season 2 is coming soon, and we've actually already filmed it," they penned in a post on their blog. "I can't draw!" ", Before their television fame, Syd and Shea McGee started their business like anyone else: They had a dream, an office, and a desire to grow. Celebrity couples are a staple on home renovation shows, from Chip Gaines and Joanna Gaines to Tarek El Moussa and Heather Rae El Moussa (ne Young . Netflix is wiping its feet on HGTV's welcome mat with new home redesign series, "Dream Home Makeover." The six-episode series from production studio Goodbye Pictures follows Syd and Shea. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. "It does not matter the size of your home, you can incorporate design principles that we're using at any scale," she continued. ._1sDtEhccxFpHDn2RUhxmSq{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:18px;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-flow:row nowrap;flex-flow:row nowrap}._1d4NeAxWOiy0JPz7aXRI64{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText)}.icon._3tMM22A0evCEmrIk-8z4zO{margin:-2px 8px 0 0} 1. Rather, they rallied and got through it together, which is why they're so prosperous today. Inside Their Marriage, Are Dave and Jenny Marrs Still Together? "Dream Home Makeover" is, in some ways, like a lot of other home design shows. "At the end of the day, our clients live in those homes," she continued. But everything just looks fairly trendy and so far, there doesn't seem to be much variation. So what can fans expect to see unfold on-screen? [5] - This sub is FEMALE ONLY. They communicate exceptionally well, work well as a team with their clients, and really seem to enjoy parenting their children together. "We cut out everything that wasn't mortgage or food." From that moment on, they were in it together, and, in 2014, they officially launched Studio McGee. On Season 1 of Dream Home Makeover, which premiered on October 16, the Utah-based couple and founders of Studio McGee took viewers behind the scenes on their stunning design projects and. "We were really lucky that our [show] represent what our real process is actually like.". It was then that Syd decided to start helping his wife turn her dream of being a full-time designer into a reality. Dream Home Makeover Select a season Release year: 2020 Dreams come true for real families looking for the perfect home tailored to their own unique style, thanks to Shea and Syd McGee of Studio McGee. "Dream Home Makeover"showcases the design talent of Shea McGee, who really has an eye for what looks great in a home. ._2ik4YxCeEmPotQkDrf9tT5{width:100%}._1DR1r7cWVoK2RVj_pKKyPF,._2ik4YxCeEmPotQkDrf9tT5{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center}._1DR1r7cWVoK2RVj_pKKyPF{-ms-flex-pack:center;justify-content:center;max-width:100%}._1CVe5UNoFFPNZQdcj1E7qb{-ms-flex-negative:0;flex-shrink:0;margin-right:4px}._2UOVKq8AASb4UjcU1wrCil{height:28px;width:28px;margin-top:6px}.FB0XngPKpgt3Ui354TbYQ{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:start;align-items:flex-start;-ms-flex-direction:column;flex-direction:column;margin-left:8px;min-width:0}._3tIyrJzJQoNhuwDSYG5PGy{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;width:100%}.TIveY2GD5UQpMI7hBO69I{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;color:var(--newRedditTheme-titleText);white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis}.e9ybGKB-qvCqbOOAHfFpF{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;width:100%;max-width:100%;margin-top:2px}.y3jF8D--GYQUXbjpSOL5.y3jF8D--GYQUXbjpSOL5{font-weight:400;box-sizing:border-box}._28u73JpPTG4y_Vu5Qute7n{margin-left:4px} All Rights Reserved. For fans, after the success and popularity of season 1, it may not have been enough, however. You can watch Chip and Joanna Gaines work their magic on"Fixer Upper,"see Hilary Farr and David Visentin compete on "Love It or List It," or enjoy Tarek El Moussa and Christina Anstead's work on "Flip or Flop,"to name just a few. But according to Shea, the estimates you see on their show aren't as different from others as you might think. In October of 2020, after a rousing first season, Syd and Shea McGee published their first book, "Make Life Beautiful." When they decided to write a book about their journey into design, they knew their tagline would be the perfect title. But Shea had to overcome imposter syndrome early on, something that only went away when she designed a full house that was lauded by her peers. ", Fans of the Netflix series "Dream Home Makeover" are familiar with Wren and Ivy McGee. While the McGees never aspired to be stars, creating video content for their business seemed to set them up seamlessly for a television show. The couple announced that they welcomed baby no. "The '80s were really hard on architecture and design in my opinion.". Are there things that go on behind the scenes that we don't know about? With details about great Mother's Day ideas, gift recommendations for Father's Day, and a hosting how-to for Easter, the McGee website should be your one-stop web search for all the inspiration you need. Ali Buckley, from Hampshire, gave her old fashioned bathroom a . ._1QwShihKKlyRXyQSlqYaWW{height:16px;width:16px;vertical-align:bottom}._2X6EB3ZhEeXCh1eIVA64XM{margin-left:3px}._1jNPl3YUk6zbpLWdjaJT1r{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;border-radius:2px;display:inline-block;margin-right:5px;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;vertical-align:text-bottom;white-space:pre;word-break:normal;padding:0 4px}._1jNPl3YUk6zbpLWdjaJT1r._39BEcWjOlYi1QGcJil6-yl{padding:0}._2hSecp_zkPm_s5ddV2htoj{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;border-radius:2px;display:inline-block;margin-right:5px;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;vertical-align:text-bottom;white-space:pre;word-break:normal;margin-left:0;padding:0 4px}._2hSecp_zkPm_s5ddV2htoj._39BEcWjOlYi1QGcJil6-yl{padding:0}._1wzhGvvafQFOWAyA157okr{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;border-radius:2px;margin-right:5px;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;vertical-align:text-bottom;white-space:pre;word-break:normal;box-sizing:border-box;line-height:14px;padding:0 4px}._3BPVpMSn5b1vb1yTQuqCRH,._1wzhGvvafQFOWAyA157okr{display:inline-block;height:16px}._3BPVpMSn5b1vb1yTQuqCRH{background-color:var(--newRedditTheme-body);border-radius:50%;margin-left:5px;text-align:center;width:16px}._2cvySYWkqJfynvXFOpNc5L{height:10px;width:10px}.aJrgrewN9C8x1Fusdx4hh{padding:2px 8px}._1wj6zoMi6hRP5YhJ8nXWXE{font-size:14px;padding:7px 12px}._2VqfzH0dZ9dIl3XWNxs42y{border-radius:20px}._2VqfzH0dZ9dIl3XWNxs42y:hover{opacity:.85}._2VqfzH0dZ9dIl3XWNxs42y:active{transform:scale(.95)} As they point out, however, season 1 made its debut in October, and season 2 followed just 4 months later in January. Sorry, this post was deleted by the person who originally posted it. After Syd and Shea McGee had a bad experience with the first production company they worked with, having a TV show seemed like a far-off prospect. Watch out Chip and Joanna Gaines, there's a new renovation and design power couple in town and fans are loving them. After that, the McGees realized they had a lucrative business on their hands, so they threw themselves wholeheartedly into it. So, starting with "a completely empty space," the couple turned the open floor plan into a beautiful, multi-functional space with a "really cool industrial feel. Syd and Shea McGee's two girls have been a central theme throughout their show, and we're hoping that Season 3 will give us a glimpse at the couple's latest addition to the family! Congrats, you two! Shea and Syd went on to detail the large conference room space featuring a custom table and helpful USB access and the space's use as a furniture testing area. "We both had a bad day at the same time, and then we come home to juggle family.". I just need an IV drip of caffeine at this point. Additionally, because the couple already had an audience from their YouTube channel, they knew exactly what their followers wanted to see from them each and every week. "'Make Life Beautiful' tells our story up until now," Shea told The Amazon Book Review. And it all paid off literally. "It's all worth it! Fans from all over the world quickly flocked to the superstore's website the moment the line had arrived. Also, it's always light wood! That's whySyd began selling off everything he could, from bikes to surfboards to furniture. Apparently doughnuts are serious business! However, that's not lost on Shea and Syd McGee. The series never aired, but the experience inspired them to start their own YouTube channel in 2016. "I don't think that Syd and I ever looked at it like we weren't going to make it, but we were not happy. "When you're mixing different styles together, it's not just about putting all of the traditional elements on one side and all the modern elements on the other," Shea explained on the Studio McGee website. Closer Weekly is part of the a360media Entertainment Group.Copyright a360media 2023. He is the CEO of our business." .Rd5g7JmL4Fdk-aZi1-U_V{transition:all .1s linear 0s}._2TMXtA984ePtHXMkOpHNQm{font-size:16px;font-weight:500;line-height:20px;margin-bottom:4px}.CneW1mCG4WJXxJbZl5tzH{border-top:1px solid var(--newRedditTheme-line);margin-top:16px;padding-top:16px}._11ARF4IQO4h3HeKPpPg0xb{transition:all .1s linear 0s;display:none;fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);height:16px;width:16px;vertical-align:middle;margin-bottom:2px;margin-left:4px;cursor:pointer}._1I3N-uBrbZH-ywcmCnwv_B:hover ._11ARF4IQO4h3HeKPpPg0xb{display:inline-block}._2IvhQwkgv_7K0Q3R0695Cs{border-radius:4px;border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-line)}._2IvhQwkgv_7K0Q3R0695Cs:focus{outline:none}._1I3N-uBrbZH-ywcmCnwv_B{transition:all .1s linear 0s;border-radius:4px;border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-line)}._1I3N-uBrbZH-ywcmCnwv_B:focus{outline:none}._1I3N-uBrbZH-ywcmCnwv_B.IeceazVNz_gGZfKXub0ak,._1I3N-uBrbZH-ywcmCnwv_B:hover{border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-button)}._35hmSCjPO8OEezK36eUXpk._35hmSCjPO8OEezK36eUXpk._35hmSCjPO8OEezK36eUXpk{margin-top:25px;left:-9px}._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP,._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP:focus-within,._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP:hover{transition:all .1s linear 0s;border:none;padding:8px 8px 0}._25yWxLGH4C6j26OKFx8kD5{display:inline}._2YsVWIEj0doZMxreeY6iDG{font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;padding:4px 6px}._1hFCAcL4_gkyWN0KM96zgg{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);margin-right:8px;margin-left:auto;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-errorText)}._1hFCAcL4_gkyWN0KM96zgg,._1dF0IdghIrnqkJiUxfswxd{font-size:12px;font-weight:700;line-height:16px;cursor:pointer;-ms-flex-item-align:end;align-self:flex-end;-webkit-user-select:none;-ms-user-select:none;user-select:none}._1dF0IdghIrnqkJiUxfswxd{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button)}._3VGrhUu842I3acqBMCoSAq{font-weight:700;color:#ff4500;text-transform:uppercase;margin-right:4px}._3VGrhUu842I3acqBMCoSAq,.edyFgPHILhf5OLH2vk-tk{font-size:12px;line-height:16px}.edyFgPHILhf5OLH2vk-tk{font-weight:400;-ms-flex-preferred-size:100%;flex-basis:100%;margin-bottom:4px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText)}._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX{margin-top:6px}._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX._3MAHaXXXXi9Xrmc_oMPTdP{margin-top:4px} The two moved back to Utah, where they had originally met. In 2020, the couple partnered with Threshold to design a line of their own products for the superstore. Douglas Scaetta From: Emily Fazio Show: 100 Day Dream Home Related To: Renovation In addition, Shea even admitted to People that she took some photography courses to learn how to post the perfect images on Instagram. "When we came home from the little downtown office that we had, that was in a really run-down part of downtown Salt Lake, we would play with our oldest, Wren [now 7], for a little bit, put her to bed, and then we'd go back to work again until like 11:30, midnight, and do that every day. Shooting "Dream Home Makeover" next just seemed to make sense. By 2020, the year Dream Home Makeover debuted on Netflix, Studio McGee had over a million Instagram followers ( now it's 3.6 million ), a thriving YouTube channel, and an exclusive line at. Syd and Shea McGee star in 'Dream Home Makeover' on Netflix Loaded Progress 0:00 / 1:32 Video Quality +5 View gallery Girl time: Shea and Syd are already parents to Wren, seven, and Ivy, five. "For that four-year period, when we first moved to Utah, all we did was work," Syd, 36, recalls. Let's scale it.' Margot's name fits in perfectly, too. "The budgets don't sound like other TV budgets, but it's also because we are being more truthful," she told The Salt Lake Tribune. [1] - We Just Launched a Website: wwww.TheFemaleDatingStrategy.com. In 2013, "I decided to quit my job," he said on The Kelly Clarkson Show. "I was like, 'Shea, you're really talented. At this point, Shea's design gig wasn't anything big, as she had only been helping neighbors and friends design their own houses. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. I could only watch season 2 by fast forwarding the scenes he is in. But doesn't that always make the person that much more appealing, without fail? The couple gave some insight into their shared office (a first for them). "We just decided, hey, if we're going to go in on this we've got to give it the best shot that we can," she continued. Dream Home Makeover Select a season Release year: 2020 Dreams come true for real families looking for the perfect home tailored to their own unique style, thanks to Shea and Syd McGee of Studio McGee. "This was a big decision for me because, of course, I love images and creating visuals, but we do that every day we share photos and videos and we talk about design," Shea explained in an interview with Parade. With their growing fanbase, we have no doubt that number will double or triple or quadruple over the next few years. News. The workload took its toll, but Syd has a theory for how they made it through. The rapid growth in their social media followers since the show's airing proves that fans enjoy watching the McGees, but online complaints seem to center around Shea's style lacking diversity, and personal input from the homeowners. The struggle wasreal. Shea found herself in her daughter's room regularly, where she could let her sad emotions out. They established McGee & Co., an online home furnishing enterprise, published a book entitled"Make Life Beautiful,"and eventually ventured into reality television with "Dream Home Makeover." But that doesn't mean Syd McGee doesn't do anything, or is relegated to the grunt work. Yet, surprisingly, the two don't even watch home renovation shows. "I could put up a towel rack and it will stay up, but that's kind of it," Syd later admitted to The Wrap. Travis Hansen is seen getting his house absolutely transformed on Netflix's Dream Home Makeover. The parents to three children are pretty much experts in juggling their busy design schedule with family life. "Dream Home Makeover"just might be the escapist television you need right about now. Too Much Space It must have for Shea, as the first time she laid eyes on Syd, she was seriously smitten. "I am jealous of the version of myself from two weeks ago that had seven straight hours of sleep," he said. Speaking of the latest season, Shea and Syd came to their website with the good news, saying that the featured designs are some of the best yet. And the stakes felt really high.". My brother said, My buddy Syd will be there and youre going to like him, but dont, because hes my friend, Shea wrote of meeting her now-husband in their New York Times bestseller, Make Life Beautiful. Not surprisingly, the book became a bestseller for The New York Times. The goal of the game is simple:. The couple even attribute the success of their hit Netflix show"Dream Home Makeover" to their online experience. Each episode sees the McGees. 27 2022, Updated 3:27 p.m. However, when Season 3 rolls around, we'll be seeing even more members of the McGee team. Join the official website at www.thefemaledatingstrategy.com for more FDS content beyond Reddit. 2. To that end, Syd and Shea knew that they should relocate in order to grow their design firm. After becoming one of the first interior design influencers on Instagram, the pair decided in 2014 to leave expensive California and headed back to Utah to launch their own company. As for Syd and Shea McGee, they used to love doing exactly that, just like the rest of us. ", Fortunately, Syd and Shea didn't wind up divorcing, or giving up on each other. "And spent all of my spare time pouring over design magazines and blogs.". However, Syd and Shea are actual human beings, and their life isn't perfect all the time. Of course, something as simple as the 9oz Glass Jar Mandarin Orange Blossom Candle will only set you back $10, but if you want to go all out, might we suggest the best-selling Portola Hills Furniture Collection? As the owners of their interior design business and hosts of "Dream Home Makeover," Syd and Shea McGee are passionate about making everyone's dream home both affordable and accessible. Of the final result, Cindy said to the reno-pair, "I feel so blessed that we were able to have you come and make our space so beautiful.". We went on our first date the next night.. It took away the magic.". Within only a few short days of its introduction, the collection had completely sold out. Now, nearly a decade after launching their design company, the pair are still happily married. After all, "You don't say 'no' to a meeting with Netflix," she said. Instead, Shea likes to watch old Nancy Meyers movies for architectural inspiration, like "The Parent Trap," "The Holiday," and "What Women Want." The financial stress thatstars Syd and Shea McGee dealt with while Shea was working on her burgeoning design business was, understandably, a lot in and of itself. As I pulled into the lot, I knew I was in trouble. From their binge-worthy show to their swoon-worthy decor line at Target, this couple has it all. Click here for registration information. In October 2020, "Dream Home Makeover" premiered on the streaming service for the very first time. It seemed to be love at first sight for the McGees. "Within a couple of days, they just did not even notice that we were filming a day at the park or in our backyard or cooking together," Shea continued. The Netflix series sees them help basketball player Travis Hansen build a basketball court for the community. Shortly after graduating, the couple tied the knot in 2018 and moved from Utah to Laguna Beach, California. Yet, even after graduating from Brigham Young University, Shea couldn't stop thinking about interior design. However, there's one place she will never ever turn to when she needs design ideas the 1980s. There, they could be entirely in control of their own content, and they even "swore off TV" altogether, according to Shea. "In the show, you'll see Syd and Shea sitting on a couch for the show's interview portions, but you might never guess that the set is actually right in their basement," read a post on their blog. For instance, the couple shared some sweet tips in a websitepostabout creating the best summer date night a treat that all romantic duos should engage in more often (or if you're a single gal just out here living your best life, take yourself on a date)! Every week, the McGees take on a different project ranging from a monstrous, multimillion-dollar home in. Let's get together. We focus on effective dating strategies for women who want to take control of their dating lives. "Never in my wildest dreams did I think we would be here now," Shea admitted to People. Syd and Shea McGee truly have it all:the thriving business, a hit show, a beautiful home, and adorable children. "They love decorating their rooms," Shea told O, the Oprah Magazine. We should grow this a lot. July 28, 2022 Netflix's ' Dream Home Makeover ' follows designer couple Syd and Shea McGee as they help the design dreams of their clients come true. In the end, it did work out. "It has just put us out there and made it possible for a new design firm to compete with design firms that have been around for a long time," she explained on Park City Television, and it obviously worked. And so many of the home shows that we watch, the homes are just for television." Separation from a person, from an idea . The pair eventually moved back to Utah where they documented the renovation of their home on social media and just like that, their Studio McGee brand and business was born. Of course, Shea has evolved as a designer over the years, allowing her to appreciate the finer points of her trade. Shea's not too bothered by that, though, as she knows, there are far worse problems to have. I do my best to support and keep up with that." "We made our own 'Sizzle Reel' to send in that ended up landing us the show for our initial meeting," theywrote on their blog. That is, until Netflix called. Syd and Shea film in their home in Utah, which allows viewers to see where they actually live, which is a lot of fun since this home is absolutely gorgeous. The McGees know what you're thinking. ", "When you walk in, you're greeted by a great office assistant, and a beautiful desk and seating area. "But there's so much that goes on behind the scenes that we don't share, and we felt like this was an opportunity to lift the curtain a bit on working together." Today, their basement is complete, and it's even more awesome than before. Closer Weekly has affiliate partnerships so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services. "I oversee everything that's, like, not pretty," he explained in a chat with The Wrap. This is definitely the content we need! Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns. Being both spouses and business partners wasn't easy. The townhouse lifestyle didn't seem to fit their adventurous urges. When Shea McGee, one-half of the "Dream Home Makeover" duo, was just beginning to market herself in 2010, "There were only a few of us interior designers posting and using that platform as a promotional tool," she explained on Guy Kawasaki's "Remarkable People."
Mid Century Chip And Dip Set, Ali Jahani Wrestler Where Is He Now, Articles D