The truth is that major manufacturers would always provide a short-barrel revolver by special order, whether from an individual or a distributor. Changing a handgun grip can have several reasons, it can improve the comfort, function and accuracy of your shooting experience. Your email address will not be published. If you search around on the internet, you canstill find some old Pachmayr units without the finger groove, if you really want them. COLT DETECTIVE SPECIAL GRIPS 1st Model, Full Frame Also Fits Banker's Special, Courier 1st Model & Cobra Round Butt CLASSIC STAG-LIKE Reproduction Grips These are not real Stag Gri COLT DETECTIVE SPECIAL 3RD MODEL GRIPS, HALF FRAME CHECKERED ROSEWOOD WRAP AROUND ALSO FITS COBRA, AGENT & DIAMONDBACK BEAUTIFULLY CRAFTED REPRODUCTION GRIPS EXOTIC SIAMESE ROSEWOO COLT DETECTIVE SPECIAL, 1ST MODEL, FULL FRAME ALSO FITS COLT BANKERS SPECIAL, COLT COURIER, 1ST MODEL & COLT COBRA, ROUND BUTT CLASSIC IVORY-LIKE Reproduction Grips WITH ASIAN RAIS COLT DETECTIVE SPECIAL 3RD MODEL HALF FRAME WRAP AROUND TARGET WALNUT CHECKERED Reproduction Grips ALSO FITS COBRA & AGENT, Colt Detective Special Stag-Like Grips 2nd Model, Half Frame With Colt Medallions Classic Stag-Like Reproduction Grips. Ive recently found myself in need of pocket-carry once/week when I visit a friend in a rough neighborhood. I depend on all my gadgets loyally. The only downside of this grip is that you have one less finger gripping your dominant hand and that adds a little more recoil. I have both Mershon and Tyler T-Grips on a couple of my revolvers. The rifle had a standard stock grip plus a pistol grip. Welcome to Hogue, Inc., home to a proud family tradition of American quality and innovation since 1968. Two Colt Detective Special revolvers from two different eras. Want to see how recoil, point shot from pocket draw, and follow-ups work for another in center-of-mass and one in the hat.. Cal. Colt D Frame Stock Pin (to hold grips in place) from eBay.com . (b) a Kenworth tractor pulling a 64,000 pound load going 35 mph, In a snub gun, nothing says I love you quite like throwing a 158 LSWC-HP out the muzzle ( especially the softer alloyed Winchester version ), Uh-oh! The Colt Detective Special morphed through four (4) variations (or series) in its almost seventy years; First series Detective Specials were manufactured from 1927 to 1946, with square butt grip frames through 1933 and round butt grip frames thereafter. The First Series was produced from 1927 to 1947 and used a narrow frame, shorter ejection rod, a checkered hammer spur and wood grips. . 2. The corners are too sharp, its too big and frankly it looks cheap. Classified Ad (1000+), Search Full Text of Listings . The most famous grips are Talon grips, Hogue grips, Altamont grips, VZ grips, Pearce grips, Pachmayr grips, Foxx grips, Recover Tactical grips and many others. Although fresh rubber grips offer a great kind of initial grip, over time the surface tends to smoothen up too much and it becomes a bit slippery, which can make it almost impossible to hold onto your handgun. If you fuind that you need more information about Colt Detective Special grip options don't hesitate to check almost all the possibilities on Amazon. Add to My Saved Parts. Your email address will not be published. They have also been checked and fit properly on a Detective Special with the short grip frame - the lower clip engages the . FITTING FOR COLT D FRAMES: The D adapters are tested for fit on a Detective Special with the long grip frame - where the frame is visible all the way around the grip panels. Grips, Square Narrow Butt, Striped w/ Grip Screw & Esc (Fitting Req'd), Mono Grip, Cobblestone Textue, Finger Grooves, Black Rubber, New Hogue, Grip Screw, New Factory Original (Thread Pitch 4-40), Trigger Assembly, Blued, Checkered Pad Used, Trigger Assembly, Nickel, Used Factory Original, Ejector Rod Bushing, New Factory Original, Ejector Rod Bushing, Used Factory Original. A bullet that expands probably wont go very deep, because it runs out of steam so fast. They have not been checked on other D frame Colts, but there is no reason to think they will not fit properly on those guns as well. It's in good shape for its age and ready to be used. There are several great options for grip manufacturers out there. The influence of Walter Ropers target stock design was strong, and it wasnt long before Colts and Smith & Wesson were making their own target-style handles, circa 1950s. White ($25.00) Wood provides solid grip. Dimensions / Sizes for the Colt Detective Special Round Butt Target Grips; Measuring backside of right panel (vertical not diagonal) 3 1/8 at longest point. Colt Detective Special, 1st Model Full Frame Royalwood Checkered Grips, Round Butt, With Medallions. 23/32 from top of ledge to center of screw hole. My first five shots at seven yards were constrained by my skill, not the gun. I actually wanted one to use as a model for custom grips. New (Other) C $92.24. As for the gun itself, it is apparent that this gun was not fired often if at all. These later guns were exactly like the 1973 model, except for using Pachmayr "Compac" rubber grips instead of the walnut combat grips. A better solution was obviously needed. These adapters did the same job, however, and filled the gap behind the trigger guard. Both thumbs should be on the same side, with the strong hand thumb resting on top of the support hand nicely stacked atop of each other. I havent found anything else that has the same highly consistent penetration and expansion in a .38 load, which I think is something you really have to pay attention to if youre choosing to carry a .38. Post 66' D Frame Colt Post '66 Detective Special and Cobra Secret Service Rosewood Checkered Grips Colt Post '66 Detective Special and Cobra Secret Service Rosewood Checkered Grips. Original Colt Detective Special Agent Cobra Short Butt Checkered Walnut Grips. I went into Pintos Guns in Renton, WA. The group size wasnt bad overall, but it was noticeably less rapid than I usually manage, and there were more flyers. I used to come home from a range session with a bleeding knuckle from shooting regular 38 special loads. Hot +P flyweight loads in .38 revolvers versus a 148-158 grain flat face profile (WC/SWC) especially snub guns at least to me, is like asking which is going to do more damage to you inside your new Ford F-150, or Chevy Silverado, (a) a rice-rocket doing 100 mph, or Put your strong hand on the gun and the support hand below the grip, cradling the strong hand. As a result, your grasp on the gun is shifted downwards on the frame. 1. The 110gr FTX bullet used in the standard pressure and +P loads actually performs better at standard pressure velocities, and works a little better for reloads due to the pointed bullet. The majority of .38 Special loads arent tailored for the snubs, and you wind up having a bullet that dances on the lower margin of the velocity envelope where youll get reliable expansion from a JHP. It might partially explain S&W's eventual . And separate customers have reported that a K adapter fits perfectly on a Cimarron Schofield and a Uberti Schofield, both in matching the curve of the grip frame and the width of the copper clip spacing. Despite the eye-catching bluing and walnut grips (typical of old school Colts), the shooting doesn't match up. I have more faith in them than some of the light JHPs. This is one of those things that youll either love or hate, depending on how the adapter fits your hand. The grip adapters fill the area underneath the frame and behind the trigger guard, where the gun rests on your middle finger. For rates, please view our shipping information. . The Detective Special was often issued with a factory hammer shroud installed. Learn More{{/message}}, Colt detective Special- The Quintessential Snubby. Top of frame forward of hammer has open holes for aluminum shroud attachment. from Thailand. Fit guidelines, instructions and supplemental material. Grip, Right, Round Butt, Colt Wood w/Colt Rampant Horse Logo, Used Factory Orig. Additional information. L frame guns use K frame grips, so they should be taken care of as well. The grip adapters fill the area underneath the frame and behind the trigger guard, where the gun rests on your middle finger. dream revolver still had what looked like FITTING IN GENERAL: Remember that these devices are designed to be used with traditional service or Magna grip panels which leave the front strap exposed. SKU: CAB7-3-024 Categories: 24 Hour Gun Show, Accessories - Handgun Tags: Colt Detective, Grip Adapter, Pachmayr Grip Adapter. Smith & Wesson developed their own copy of this design in the 1950s, and the collection of companies did a good business selling the adapters even after the improved (but still not great) S&W Magna-style stocks were introduced right before WWII. $135.00. The most famous grips are Talon grips, Hogue grips, Altamont grips, VZ grips, Pearce grips, Pachmayr grips, Foxx grips, Recover Tactical grips and many others. Certain grip textures can be uncomfortable when shooting certain calibers and cartridges. Every Hogue product from handgun grips to long gun stocks to specialty knives to gear and accessories is built in the spirit of fine craftsmanship, attention to detail and complete dedication to the legacy of founder Guy Hogue, carried into the next generation by his sons Aaron and Patrick Hogue, by Hogue Tool & Machine Company president Jim Bruhns, and by Guy Hogue's grandson Neil Hogue. Colt Detective Specials were issued later, usually equipped with a hammer shroud. 2 Piece checkered walnut grips w/ silver Rampant Colt medallions. Hardware: Grips #3519G ($41.50), Screw #7158 ($16.00) Related products. Plase the thumb of your support hand and the rest of your palm into the open surface of the grip. Please contact the developer of this form processor to improve this message. By the time the Detective Special was introduced the .32-20 was waning in popularity, so the new gun was offered in .32 Colt New Police (.32 S&W Long with a flat-point bullet) and .38 Colt New Police (.38 S&W with a flat-point bullet) and .38 Special. MI25GM-22 Colt Python or 2021 Anaconda Siberian Mammoth Ivory Grips, Small Panel. Black plastic grip adaptor with retaining clip. These changes made a lot of sense. Made 1934 1972. They do NOT work with grips that fill in or cover any of the metal behind the trigger guard or on the front of the grip frame. New grips were needed or were they? Thus, youre stuck with the default wood magna grips, since none of the aftermarket K-Frame grips will fit. If you are looking to buy a Colt Detective Special or have one that you are interested in consigning please don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-238-8022 or visit our website https . They have also been checked and fit properly on a Detective Special with the short grip frame the lower clip engages the frame, and does not interfere with the segments of the grip panels that wrap under the bottom of the frame. From a practical standpoint, I think Id rather have a good set of stocks on my gun than try to augment a poorly-designed set with a grip adapter. Furniture & Grip Accessories; Furniture Kits; Gas Blocks & Tubes; Grips; Guide Rods; MUZZLE DEVICE; Bolts & Pistons; Stripped Uppers; Handguards; Handgun Barrels; Stripped Lowers; Parts are available to the public for self installation, but can also be installed by our highly trained gunsmiths. When you pull the trigger you shouldnt have to reach for or pull the trigger in any way that feels uncomfortable. Colt Revolver Grip Lot. Plus we will talk about how aftermarket grips enhance your experience and what are the best materials. ), PAYMENTS ARE BY PAYPAL ONLY. ; ^ ). // Kentucky Mandatory Minimum Sentences, Jackie Babcock Bend, Oregon, Loyola Blakefield What Is A Don, Simon Thompson Royal Mail Email Address, Mistakenly Reported As Deceased Lawsuit, Articles C