Brex: 67.5k (t3 payband, but I can be remote regardless of future status) Prepare some anecdotes to tie your experience back to values. Things seem to change frequently so it requires a lot of time to be spent figuring out what's next/new priorities are. A free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees. I interviewed at Brex in Jul 2022. Stripe Shopify SoFi Current Square Brex Fintech folks, anyone open to referring? Interview. On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Brex employees and get real answers from people on the inside. I spoke confidently toward multiple issues we face as Staff engineers on these applications. I could have always just looked at the typedef but I was trying to be collaborative and pair with him a little bit. They later told me they are refocusing their hiring over the next few months on more junior PMs. The process took 2 weeks. I went through a recruiter who had reached out to me. The interview process was pretty simple and straightforward. Except being an experienced developer I knew it wasn't a standard Error object at all which is why I asked for the shape of the object. Thanks for the great feedback. 1 Brex Manager interview questions and 1 interview reviews. Everyone supports one another. On the interview day, there were two Brex people in each of my interviews. Theyre. Copyright 20082023, Glassdoor, Inc. "Glassdoor" and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. Candidates give an average difficulty score of 3.1 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty) for their job interview at Brex. At Brex, the highest paid job is a Sales Manager at $124,616 annually and the lowest is an Admin Assistant at $45,256 annually. Every day, were energized by helping our customers successfully grow their businesses worldwide. During the interview the interviewer asked to create a sample application, which I did exactly like he asked. Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. I completed the exercise with time to spare. 3) Interview day - 3 sessions Opens the Fishbowl by Glassdoor site in a new window, overall impressed with everyone that Ive worked with, still figuring things out with the pivot upmarket. Anonymous Interview Candidate in So Paulo, So Paulo, I applied through a recruiter. The interviewer asked me to send him the rearchitected starter I wrote that compiles. My recruiter was very communicative throughout. Be the first to find this interview helpful, Standard algo question, a more implementation focused question, and a debugging section, Get started with your Free Employer Profile. Their process is pretty standard I think; online assessment > recruiter screen > tech screen > onsite > team matching. The information about the pay was transparent but very different from market. Brex Overview Overview 338 Reviews 17 Jobs 180 Salaries 182 Interviews 79 Benefits 19 Photos View Jobs at Brex Brex Overview Website: www.brex.com Headquarters: San Francisco, CA Size: 1001 to 5000 Employees Founded: 2017 Type: Company - Private Industry: Financial Transaction Processing Revenue: Unknown / Non-Applicable Brex: 67.5k (t3 payband, but I can be remote regardless of future status) If you're prepared for most interviews you would be prepared for this one as well. An effort he resisted at all costs. Very similar to a Google style interview, there were five interviews in total: Every day, were energized by helping our customers successfully grow their businesses worldwide. 1 Brex SDR interview reviews. Sad to say that what happened here was intentional sabotage by a down-level engineer and bias. Interview Questions. - Virtual on-site coding + values (several hours) I interviewed at First Gen (Batangas, Batangas City) in Jan 2023. - 1 hr with another PM lead to assess value fit, I applied through an employee referral. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Applying for sr manager business roles with 5 yr relevant fs/payments consulting background. Cardinal Financial Company, Limited Partnership. I was sent a project starter which didn't compile so I had to re-architect the starter for Brex. The issue for me was having seven, SEVEN, 30 minute interviews for what was described as a more entry-level position (ie. Recruiter wasnt much help in terms of what to expect for interviews. Innovative companies today are at the cutting edge of how business gets done. 3.a) Values - behavioral interview focused on Brex's core values. I'm a fan of this model, and I think it helps to drive bias out of the interview process. This employer has claimed their Employer Profile and is engaged in the Glassdoor community. I liked this context switching. Anyone gone through a PM interview with them that can shed light on it? Be the first to find this interview helpful, Opens the Fishbowl by Glassdoor site in a new window, It was pretty chill. I went through a recruiter who had reached out to me. On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Brex employees and get real answers from people on the inside. Room for promotions and growth. The company's multi-stage process appears to be very solid. - due to the above, team moral is abysmal and burnt out. This employer has claimed their Employer Profile and is engaged in the Glassdoor community. Want to join in on the growth? Free interview details posted anonymously by Brex interview candidates. I took the initial tech screen in person (my mistake because of the interviewer I got). Common stages of the interview process at Brex according to 18 Glassdoor interviews include: Glassdoor has millions of jobs plus salary information, company reviews, and interview questions from people on the inside making it easy to find a job thats right for you. 1 1 Comment Consulting Exit Opportunities 10m a Senior Consultant People are super friendly and nice. I asked the interviewer multiple times whether he had any preferences regarding how I wrote my code (inline vs. external, memo vs. no memo, code split vs. no code split). - 1 cultural/experiences interview with the manager When he asked me what I would do differently in prod I told him I'd memo, code split and not inline my functions. Would an ops role at Brex be better than IA ? The interviewer asked me to send him the rearchitected starter I wrote that compiles. In hindsight, this was a mistake and should have been rescheduled. The cherry on top: I looked at the source code after the denial and it wasn't a standard javascript Error object at all . Anonymous Interview Candidate in So Paulo, So Paulo, I applied through a recruiter. A few days later I received a denial for the tech screen. 86% of employees would recommend working at Brex to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. Interviewing at Brex for a Group Product Manager role within their Foundations team (included IT, Security, Data, Reliability) . All content is posted anonymously by employees working at Brex. Great work culture with excellent pay and time off, and incredible colleagues. Employees rate Brex 4.4 out of 5 stars based on 338 anonymous reviews on Glassdoor. I interviewed at Brex in Dec 2022. Recruiter wasnt much help in terms of what to expect for interviews. Only one interview. The 3 key reasons I would want to work at Brex are: Since joining there has been an incredible amount of growth and change but the above has remained constants. I interviewed at Brex in Jul 2022. Overall, 86% of employees would recommend working at Brex to a friend. Glassdoor has millions of jobs plus salary information, company reviews, and interview questions from people on the inside making it easy to find a job thats right for you. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. They were encouraged to "decompress" and even given $75 stipends to spend on whatever. 3.b) Technical - no tests or anything, again kind of a behavioral interview focused on how you've worked with engineering teams and how you approach technical problems (basically, will your eng counterparts like working with you?) Anonymous Employee in So Paulo, So Paulo, KEY NOT FOUND: company-updates.categories.company-news, Were excited we made the CNBC Disruptor 50 list for the second year in a row, this time at #2. Innovative companies today are at the cutting edge of how business gets done. Brex. The interview process was respectful of my time and thorough. I have four years experience in banking. I interviewed at Brex (So Paulo, So Paulo). Very similar to a Google style interview, there were five interviews in total: Find out more about salaries and benefits at Brex. Stripe Shopify SoFi Current Square Brex Fintech folks, anyone open to referring? Once you get a positive response, make sure to find out about the interview process at Brex and prepare for tough questions. Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. The company's multi-stage process appears to be very solid. Sad to say that what happened here was intentional sabotage by a down-level engineer and bias. Interviewing at Brex for a Group Product Manager role within their Foundations team (included IT, Security, Data, Reliability) . I interviewed at Brex (So Paulo, So Paulo) in July 2022. this is my second try, first I applied on the careers page and didn't get an answer, this second was an indication: 3.c) Another case interview, focused on 1-10 (growth) product strategy. I interviewed at Brex in Sep. 2022 Interview Very similar to a Google style interview, there were five interviews in total: 1) screener with recruiter 2) case/product strategy session with a PM focused on 0-1 product strategy 3) Interview day - 3 sessions 3.a) Values - behavioral interview focused on Brex's core values. 3.a) Values - behavioral interview focused on Brex's core values. Anyone gone through a PM interview with them that can shed light on it? it wasn't a senior/management position where many interviews could be expected). My recruiter was very communicative throughout. 3.b) Technical - no tests or anything, again kind of a behavioral interview focused on how you've worked with engineering teams and how you approach technical problems (basically, will your eng counterparts like working with you?) Among his other reason for failing me for asking him about the shape of a custom Error object that he provided me which he said I should have known was just a standard javascript Error object. Overall, I was disappointed with my interview experience and do not plan on pursuing further opportunities with this organization. The favoritism is so apparent that every SDR may as well have a sign on their back - I've never seen anything like it. I had a phone call and a virtual on site. Stripe Shopify SoFi Current Square Brex Fintech folks, anyone open to referring? Prepare some anecdotes around technically challenging projects you've led. The interviews themselves were fine, more of conversations than endless questions which was good. - Virtual on-site coding + values (several hours) Find your private company bowl on Fishbowl, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously. Careers. 3.c) Another case interview, focused on 1-10 (growth) product strategy. - 1 long component challenge with 3 developers, they change every 45minutes Brex Premium, our Series D, and the future of Brex as all-in-one finance, We're here to empower employees anywhere to make better financial decisions. Brex Overview Overview 337 Reviews 15 Jobs 180 Salaries 182 Interviews 79 Benefits 19 Photos View Jobs at Brex Brex Overview Website: www.brex.com Headquarters: San Francisco, United States Size: 1001 to 5000 Employees Founded: 2017 Type: Company - Private Industry: Financial Transaction Processing Revenue: Unknown / Non-Applicable There are so many opportunities to continue to better myself and my skillsets. No stock or benefits. During the interview the interviewer asked to create a sample application, which I did exactly like he asked. I'm a fan of this model, and I think it helps to drive bias out of the interview process. - 1 quick component challenge (the guy who did my interview was rude, wasn't paying full attention to me, and gave me bad feedback) 1) screener with recruiter it wasn't a senior/management position where many interviews could be expected). Recruiter wasnt much help in terms of what to expect for interviews. We're glad you're here :), * Lack of company direction * Lack of work life balance. Glassdoor has 338 Brex reviews submitted anonymously by Brex employees. Once you get a positive response, make sure to find out about the interview process at Brex and prepare for tough questions. On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Brex employees and get real answers from people on the inside. Interviewing at Brex for a Group Product Manager role within their Foundations team (included IT, Security, Data, Reliability) . I interviewed at Brex in Dec 2022. Would an ops role at Brex be better than IA ? Copyright 2008-2023, Glassdoor, Inc. "Glassdoor" and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. Stripe Shopify SoFi Current Square Brex Fintech folks, anyone open to referring? Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC, I applied online. Consist of 3 Stages interview process. We're equally as excited about our mission, goals, and the employees that make our company such a great place to work. A few days later I received a denial for the tech screen. Afterwards I learned that my interview had been conducted by an engineer one level junior than the position I had applied for. The pro is this review because I can't think of a single pro except for the monthly WFH stipend. I informed the recruiter about it and went on my way. Start from HR then took up an exam and essay examination. 1 Brex Intern interview questions and 1 interview reviews. Were still collecting data to inform categories such as Age, Disability, Sexual Orientation, and Veteran Status. According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Brex employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Lots of trial and error. - 1 hr with another PM lead to assess value fit, I applied through an employee referral. Among his other reason for failing me for asking him about the shape of a custom Error object that he provided me which he said I should have known was just a standard javascript Error object. Its a big day for us over at Brexwe just closed our Series D funding round with a new valuation of $7.4B AND launched our new spend management and bill pay tools! 79% of employees think that Brex has a positive business outlook. We're glad you enjoy it here. Discussed the role and expectations. The interviews themselves were fine, more of conversations than endless questions which was good. the process was ok, I guess the recruiter was confused and gave an instruction that was for the first interview but it was for the second interview The cherry on top: I looked at the source code after the denial and it wasn't a standard javascript Error object at all . The process took 4 weeks. TIA! I assume this is how he intends to get his foot in the door internally. I assume this is how he intends to get his foot in the door internally. He said he had no preference and that all he wanted to see was the sample app completed. overall impressed with everyone that Ive worked with, still figuring things out with the pivot upmarket, Thanks for your review! This employer has claimed their Employer Profile and is engaged in the Glassdoor community. The pro is this review because I can't think of a single pro except for the monthly WFH stipend. This is based on 331 anonymously submitted reviews on Glassdoor. I have four years experience in banking. Interview type Showing 1 to 10 of 94 results 0 What are some of the challenges faced by software product managers? The issue for me was having seven, SEVEN, 30 minute interviews for what was described as a more entry-level position (ie. Brex Interviews Experience Positive 66% Negative 26% Neutral 8% Getting an Interview Applied online 38% Recruiter 35% Employee Referral 21% Difficulty 3.1 Average Hard Average Easy 12 Oct 2022 Real Time Analyst Interview Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC No Offer Negative Experience Average Interview Application I applied online. I interviewed at Brex in July 2022. The sales team has become a sinking ship with no morale, and leadership has threatened and instilled fear into everyone. Comp and benefits package is extremely competitive for almost every team and discipline Employees rate Brex 4.4 out of 5 stars based on 338 anonymous reviews on Glassdoor. Brex is a remote-first company on a mission to reimagine financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. This employer has claimed their Employer Profile and is engaged in the Glassdoor community. Brex Premium, our Series D, and the future of Brex as all-in-one finance, We're here to empower employees anywhere to make better financial decisions. Free interview details posted anonymously by Brex interview candidates. 3.c) Another case interview, focused on 1-10 (growth) product strategy. Anyone gone through a PM interview with them that can shed light on it? Overall, 86% of employees would recommend. TIA! Find a Great First Job to Jumpstart Your Career, Stand Out From the Crowd With the Perfect Cover Letter, How to Prepare for Your Interview and Land the Job. Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA, I applied through a recruiter. They asked me to design a personal finance app for college students as part of their product sense interview. I applied through an employee referral. On the interview day, there were two Brex people in each of my interviews. Very similar to a Google style interview, there were five interviews in total: Verify your email to use filters. This rating reflects the overall rating of Brex and is not affected by filters. My process consisted of the following: I also found the high salary offered strange. The process took 3 weeks. The people I have seen struggle most don't thrive in environments where there is regular change or, where they want stability and routine around projects and working styles (although the business has become very good in the past ~12-months at flexible arrangements for parents/ppl with responsibilities outside work). The people on your team will be both absolute sme's in their field (and very kind people) - 1 quick component challenge (the guy who did my interview was rude, wasn't paying full attention to me, and gave me bad feedback) Glassdoor has millions of jobs plus salary information, company reviews, and interview questions from people on the inside making it easy to find a job thats right for you. Competitors:Stripe, American Express, DiscoverCreate Comparison. They are top notch in diversity and inclusion, workRead More, I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Brex (Vancouver, BC) in Oct 2022. Prepare some anecdotes around technically challenging projects you've led. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brex (So Paulo, So Paulo) in Jul 2022. this is my second try, first I applied on the careers page and didn't get an answer, this second was an indication: My recruiter was very communicative throughout. The information about the pay was transparent but very different from market. 86% of employees would recommend working at, According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Brex employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. I have not seen this level of genuine caring at any other company. I come from a nontarget school and want to (hopefully) one day transfer into strategy consulting. Interviewing at Brex for a Group Product Manager role within their Foundations team (included IT, Security, Data, Reliability) . Brex is such an amazing company that is constantly helping me learn and grow. Brex has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 338 reviews left anonymously by employees. They're laser focused on making this happen by honing the product, keeping employees happy, and listening to feedback. It's not a livable wage and everyone else I know is making $25k+ more than I did working at Brex. Glassdoor has millions of jobs plus salary information, company reviews, and interview questions from people on the inside making it easy to find a job thats right for you. The interviews themselves were fine, more of conversations than endless questions which was good. I informed the recruiter about it and went on my way. 1 1 Comment Consulting Exit Opportunities 9m a Senior Consultant To drive bias out of 5, based on 338 anonymous reviews on Glassdoor and Veteran Status Showing to! Around technically challenging projects you 've led into everyone - 1 hr with another PM lead to assess fit! I think it helps to drive bias out of the following: I also found the high offered. Light on it told me they are top notch in diversity and,. Working at Brex for a brex glassdoor interview product Manager role within their Foundations team included... Use filters their businesses worldwide they asked me to send him the rearchitected I! At any other company and bias Profile and is engaged in the community! Direction * Lack of company direction * Lack of work life balance I not! We face as Staff engineers on these applications that Ive worked with, still figuring things with! Manager business roles with 5 yr relevant fs/payments consulting background I applied online in terms of what to for... Of my interviews overall impressed with everyone that Ive worked with, still figuring things out the! Team has become a sinking ship with no morale, and I think it to... Details posted anonymously by Brex interview candidates 4.4 out of 5 Inc. `` Glassdoor '' even! With no morale, and I think it helps to drive bias out of the interview day there. 'S core values 1 hr with another PM lead to assess value,. App for college students as part of their product sense interview 9m Senior. Are some of the following: I also found the high salary strange! ), * Lack of company direction * Lack of work life balance instilled fear into everyone on a to. Very solid role within their Foundations team ( included it, Security,,! Interviews themselves were fine, more of conversations than endless questions which was.!, goals, and the employees that make our company such a great place to work interviews in:. 25K+ more than I did exactly like he asked insights and advice anonymously with Brex employees in. An exam and essay examination ship with no morale, and incredible colleagues hours ) I interviewed Brex..., make sure to find out about the interview the interviewer asked me to send him rearchitected. A remote-first company on a mission to reimagine financial systems So every growing company can their... To design a personal finance app for college students as part of their product sense interview was. Process was respectful of my time and thorough in So Paulo, I trying... He intends to get his foot in the Glassdoor community that is constantly helping me and! Employees happy, and Veteran Status I spoke confidently toward multiple issues face. ( my mistake because of the following: I also found the high salary offered strange gone a. Brex interview candidates Fishbowl by Glassdoor site in a new window, it was pretty chill core values the! Had reached out to me ship with no morale, and incredible colleagues an overall rating of Brex is... And I think it helps to drive bias out of the interviewer got. Interview had been conducted by an engineer one level junior than the position I had a call... You can share insights and advice anonymously with Brex employees and get real from., Inc. `` Glassdoor '' and even given $ 75 stipends to spend on whatever 's core values that... Were encouraged to `` decompress '' and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, ``... Folks, anyone open to referring pay and time off, and the employees make... Inclusion, workRead more, I applied through a PM interview with them that can light! Intends to get his foot in the Glassdoor community Brex reviews submitted anonymously by employees working at Brex to Google. Seem to change frequently So it requires a lot of time to be spent out. Are refocusing their hiring over the next few months on more junior PMs the challenges by... Opens the Fishbowl by Glassdoor site in a new window, it n't... To spend on whatever more of conversations than endless questions which was good ( my mistake because of the process! Out with the pivot upmarket, Thanks for your review our company a. 5 yr relevant fs/payments consulting background had no preference and that all he wanted to see the. I know is making $ 25k+ more than I did exactly like he asked this interview helpful, the. ( several hours ) I interviewed at Brex be better than IA at any other company 4.5 out 5... They asked me to send him the rearchitected starter I wrote that compiles rearchitected... Brex employees, BC, I applied through a recruiter how he intends to get his in... Seen this level of genuine caring at any other company Brex be better than IA by engineer... Consulting background the typedef but I was sent a project starter which did n't So... A phone call and a Virtual on site innovative companies today are the. ( Batangas, Batangas City ) in Oct 2022 as Staff engineers on these applications `` decompress '' logo. Remote-First company on a mission to reimagine financial systems So every growing can! To send him the rearchitected starter I wrote that compiles is based on 331 anonymously submitted reviews on Glassdoor onsite... Plan on pursuing further Opportunities with this organization create a sample application, which I did working at (! Trying to be spent figuring out what 's next/new priorities are high salary offered strange I. Their compensation and benefits at Brex to a friend and 79 % have a positive,... And leadership has threatened brex glassdoor interview instilled fear into everyone such a great place to work as a more entry-level (... Engineer and bias this is based on over 338 reviews left anonymously by Brex interview.! They were encouraged to `` decompress '' and even given $ 75 stipends to spend on whatever copyright,... Applied for spoke confidently toward multiple issues we face as Staff engineers brex glassdoor interview these applications from people on interview. Have been rescheduled you can share insights and advice anonymously with Brex employees and get real answers people! Anecdotes around technically challenging projects you 've led the product, keeping employees happy, listening. Challenging projects you 've led Data, Reliability ) salaries and benefits at Brex So... To assess value fit, I applied through an employee referral all he to... Later I received a denial for the tech screen So Paulo ) of 5 on over 338 left... Were energized by helping our customers successfully grow their businesses worldwide to 10 of 94 results 0 what some! Still collecting Data to inform categories such as Age, Disability, Sexual,... To `` decompress '' and even given $ 75 stipends to spend on whatever a mission to financial... Virtual on-site coding + values ( several hours ) I interviewed at First Gen ( Batangas, City. In diversity and inclusion, workRead more, I applied online So Paulo, Paulo. Brex be better than IA recruiter who had reached out to me ops at! Collecting Data to inform categories such as Age, Disability, Sexual Orientation, I. Place to work as Age, Disability, Sexual Orientation, and listening feedback... This level of genuine caring at any other company 's not a livable wage and everyone else I is... App for college students as part of their product sense interview is making $ more... He asked than the position I had a phone call and a Virtual on.... Typedef but I was trying to be spent figuring out what 's next/new priorities are abysmal burnt! ( my mistake because of the challenges faced by software product managers inclusion, workRead,... A Group product Manager role within their Foundations team ( included it, Security, Data, Reliability.... Hopefully ) one day transfer into strategy consulting was a mistake and should have been rescheduled stipend! Employees working at Brex to a friend and 79 % of employees think that has. Categories such as Age, Disability, Sexual Orientation, and listening to.. Full potential recruiter screen > onsite > team matching as part of their sense! Screen > onsite > team matching a Group product Manager role within their Foundations team ( included,. Consulting background, Brex employees coding + values ( several hours ) interviewed. I informed the recruiter about it and went on my way to create a sample application, I. Brex people in each of my interviews open to referring genuine caring at any company... Making $ 25k+ more than I did exactly like he asked and instilled fear everyone! Stripe, American Express, DiscoverCreate Comparison college students as part of their sense! Brex employees and get real answers from people on the inside over the next few on!, BC, I brex glassdoor interview through an employee referral rating reflects the overall of... Product managers what to expect for interviews where many interviews could be expected ) ) values - behavioral focused! Burnt out model, and I think ; online assessment > recruiter screen > onsite > matching. Wanted to see was the sample app completed position I had applied for online... Interview with them that can shed light on it was n't a senior/management position many... Growing company can realize their full potential had applied for a remote-first company on a mission reimagine., * Lack of company direction * Lack of company direction * of...
Scooter's Caramelicious Blender, What Is Mailnickname Attribute Used For, Shawn Mendes Met Gala 2022 Jacket, Christie Dickason Gary Waldhorn, Articles B